• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think it'll be possible to mod the game and create skins?

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
I've been wondering this ever sense it was confirmed to that smash 4 would be on a 3DS as well. Do you think we'll be able to do the stuff we did on brawl? Such as character skins, and project M

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
It would probably require modifying the cartridge's contents, as patches are a thing now.

mehcode

Smash Rookie
NNID
mehcode
3DS FC
4828-4767-1945
About a month after it comes out in the states (if I can find the time) I'd like to work on an alternate pack. Think about it. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to grab a bunch of fan-made alternate characters / palettes. I'm really liking how the game is feeling and I don't have the desire to actually mod it but I would love to work on this.

bobbysq

Smash Rookie
NNID
bobbysq
Supposedly, there's someone working on 3DS homebrew, but it got delayed due to the New 3DS announcement so that homebrew can take advantage of the hardware without risking Nintendo patching the exploit before the N3DS releases.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Yes. I hope when the day modding comes there will be a way to turn off stage hazards or at least bosses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom