• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you still think of the Koopalings as Bowser's kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I know Nintendo changed the storyline but I can't think of them as anything other than his bratty kids. They sure still behave that way in New Super Mario Wii. I also think the name of this section should be Bowser Jr./Koopalings. Which one is your favorite? -_______________________-

Name: Larry Koopa
Favorite Food: Kit Kat Bars
Favorite Sport: Football

The youngest of the Koopa darlings, Larry is a trouble maker with a passion for breaking things. He is known as the "Bart Simpson" of the Koopa Kids. Although Larry initially felt threatened after he realized he was no longer the baby of the family when Bowser Jr. was born, the two share a close relationship for the most part.

Name: Lemmy Koopa
Favorite Food: Kix Cereal
Favorite TV Show: SpongeBob

Lemmy is a little rascal that loves getting into trouble and playing with balls and play dough. He is the friendliest of the Koopa kids but also the most naive. He once got in trouble for making friends with a Yoshi. He was diagnosed with ADHD and tries to impress his older brothers by breaking things and being destructive. He also loves collecting stuffed animals.

Name: Roy Koopa
Favorite Food: Cheese Burgers
Favorite hobby: Playing Wii U and shop lifting from GameStop

Roy is too cool for school and up to no good. He like smoking Marlboro Lights and he loves terrorizing baby Yoshis and Toads. He once blew his cigarette smoke in a Toad's face and then burned a baby Yoshi with his cigarette. He also loves lifting weights and creeping on girls.

Name: Wendy
Favorite Food: Starbucks Iced Caramel Latte
Favorite Hobby: watching makeup tutorials on youtube

Wendy is daddy's little girl and loves being spoiled rotten by Bowser. She also loves causing havoc, especially when it's directed to Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, or Toadette. One time her and Lemmy caught Peach off guard and put bubble gum in her hair.

Name: Morton Koopa Jr.
Favorite Food: Chef Boyardee Ravioli
Favorite hobby: taking bubble baths

Morton is mentally challenged and has trouble going to the bathroom by himself, though he is the strongest Koopaling. He gets along best with Lemmy because they feed off of each other's childlike personalities. Morton loves breaking windows and punching his brothers in the arm when they least suspect it.

Name: Iggy
Favorite Food: Fresh Memes
Favorite Hobby: burning bugs with a magnifying glass and playing pranks

Iggy has severe ADHD and loves acting out. He also loves setting things on fire. His goal is to set Princess Peach's castle on fire while Mario is inside.

Name: Ludwig
Favorite hobby: trolling people online

Ludwig is extremely jealous of Bowser Jr. due to the fact that he is no longer heir of the Bowser throne. Ludwig is a tech wizard and actually hacked Mario Kart 8 while it was still in development so he could remove Bowser Jr. out of the game. This left Nintendo employees baffled but there wasn't enough time to put Bowser Jr. back in the game before the release date.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
This section's name is "Bowser Jr" because he is the default, whereas the Koopalings are just alts.
Just how the Olimar section is just named "Olimar", not "Olimar/Alph".

Anyways, i never liked the idea of them being Bowsers kids (as a child, i always rejected the idea of my beloved villain having such "stupid" looking kids), and i'm honestly glad they changed it.
There was no sort of back-story to them, the Koopalings didn't really resemble their dad, and most of them looked very... uninspired. : /

Much to my surprise, I've come to really love Bowser Jr (whom i didn't like in the beginning).
Bowser Jr feels more established with Sunshine/Galaxy, he resembles his father both in appearance and personality, and MY GOD IS HE A CUTE ONE.

However, i don't really dislike the Koopalings. Afterall, they have long been part of the Mario series.
Them being minions is more fitting, and their designs and personalities somewhat improved too (although they still don't really have much of a personality), so i'm glad Nintendo brought them back.

TL;DR: No, I see them as Bowser's minions, not his children.

-btw, were you trying to make them look more unlikable? O_o
What's with those made up descriptions?
And what do they have to do with your question?

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think of the Koopalings as being Bowser's adopted kids. This way they're BOTH his kids AND not his kids.

It just took a while for Bowser Jr. to be born (and I really don't want to know either way).

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, i never liked the idea of them being Bowsers kids (as a child, i always rejected the idea of my beloved villain having such "stupid" looking kids), and i'm honestly glad they changed it.
Contendor for worst post of the year… please go. and even if they're not his biological kids, he obviously adopted them. How effing cute is this?

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
That's my Morton.
That profile picture fits your comment VERY well.

Anyways, to the question at hand, I would like to consider them as Bowser's children. It was just more fun to think of it that way. Having them become leaders of the Koopa Troop kinda ruined the Koopa Kid's reputation, I think. There really is no shame in Bowser having eight kids. Judging by Bowser's evil personality, it would make sense for him to have a favorite child.

Don't worry, :4ludwig:. Someday you'll place Bowser Jr. in his shame. SOMEDAY...

Last edited:

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Said the man who made probably the worst thread that has ever existed.
You're just saying that because you're jealous you're not using him correctly.

/s

I disagree. The only characters I seem to have a lot of trouble facing is someone who's really good with Toon Link, Link, or Villager.I still don't see why some of you think he's a bad character. All of his special moves are useful. I see a lot of people say his side smash is bad. You just need to space it accordingly. His neutral air is amazing. I fake people out a lot with the clown kart dash and hop cancel because there are some things you can do with that. CK dash, hit, short hop and up air. CK dash off the stage, short hop and drop a mecha koopa right at the edge of the stage, then ejection seat up and catch the ledge. Sometimes I CK dash right up to them, short hop right above them because they're going to be blocking, and then fast fall down with a neutral air.I think some of you may not be using him correctly. I'm not sure but if anyone wants to challenge me, my gamer tag is Rexcalibr.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, bring it. I will do my ejection seat, explode my kart in your face and then do a cute little giggle as you explode off the stage.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, bring it. I will do my ejection seat, explode my kart in your face and then do a cute little giggle as you explode off the stage.
I added you. Msg me with a time bud :)

Edit: like I said before, either you're wrong, or you're a great bjr player and I can learn a lot from you. Win/win :D

Last edited:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Will add. Will try to message you next time I'm on.. though I've never really understood how to do that. Seems so much harder to communicate and send messages on Wii U compared to XBOX 360.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Will add. Will try to message you next time I'm on.. though I've never really understood how to do that. Seems so much harder to communicate and send messages on Wii U compared to XBOX 360.
Just msg me here and if im home ill go on. I dont even know if you can send IM's on the wii u

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Contendor for worst post of the year… please go.
-Coming from the guy who literally made them look like cheap deviantart OCs with his fake description.
You even opened up a new thread with a made up story about their conception.

Oh well, maybe you're right. Afterall you do seem to be an expert at making bad posts.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
-Coming from the guy who literally made them look like cheap deviantart OCs with his fake description.
You even opened up a new thread with a made up story about their conception.

Oh well, maybe you're right. Afterall you do seem to be an expert at making bad posts.

Dont scoff man, ex-sheik main here. Can confirm my sheik game doubled after playing ocarina of time, most likely due to my better understanding of the character's origin.

If youre trying to play the koopalings without really feeling like a koopa inexplicably born in a yoshi egg, you wont be successful. Until you understand that 7 yoshi eggs somehow hatched all in different years then youll never know which koopaling to use in which matchup.

Youre probably the type of noob to use roy instead of larry against rosalina.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Dont scoff man, ex-sheik main here. Can confirm my sheik game doubled after playing ocarina of time, most likely due to my better understanding of the character's origin.

If youre trying to play the koopalings without really feeling like a koopa inexplicably born in a yoshi egg, you wont be successful. Until you understand that 7 yoshi eggs somehow hatched all in different years then youll never know which koopaling to use in which matchup.

Youre probably the type of noob to use roy instead of larry against rosalina.
Bro, everyone knows Shaq's the only true answer to any Rosalina.
Also a fact: :roypm: > :4larry:
Com fite me; lylat cruise, all items on, wii-motes only, mii sword-fighters only!1!!

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Shaq confirmed DLC. Also greninja nerf confirmed as DLC.

Wiimote? Swordsman? Scrub plz, wii fit trainer + wii fit mat only

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Shaq confirmed DLC. Also greninja nerf confirmed as DLC.

Wiimote? Swordsman? Scrub plz, wii fit trainer + wii fit mat only
Wii fit mat?
Dayum, bro...
Y-you too strong for me.
I... i never knew how much of a noob i was...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yes, I consider them his Children, I consider them Jrs Half Brothers and sister and that Jr is heir to the throne because he has a royal koopa mum while the Koopalings don't.

Also aren't their age meant to be the order you fight them in smb3?
so :4bowserjr: < :4larry: < :4morton: < :4wendy:< :4iggy:<:4roy:<:4lemmy:<:4ludwig:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just consider the Koopalings to be Bowser's "stepchildren". They're not really his children, but Bowser still adopted them like they were his own, prior to Bowser Jr.'s debut.

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
No. I never liked the Koopalings as Bowser's kids and I'm kinda glad they changed that. I like them more as Bowser's minions instead.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
No. I never liked the Koopalings as Bowser's kids and I'm kinda glad they changed that. I like them more as Bowser's minions instead.
Minion my foot.. why on earth would a dragon lord Koopa beast like Bowser employ a group of small children as generals of his army? They were obviously meant to be his children and Miyamoto is just extremely clueless with story continuity and tries to simplify and limit storylines in Mario games, which is why the Zelda franchise is so confusing. Didn't he also claim that Peach and Mario don't have a romantic relationship but simply good friends? I can understand why they want more emphasis on Bowser Jr. , because it's obviously much easier to develop one character rather than 7 but most original Nintendo fans who grew up with Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, cartoons (even though they're non cannon), comics, etc all consider the Koopa Kids to be his kids.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Minion my foot.. why on earth would a dragon lord Koopa beast like Bowser employ a group of small children as generals of his army? They were obviously meant to be his children and Miyamoto is just extremely clueless with story continuity and tries to simplify and limit storylines in Mario games, which is why the Zelda franchise is so confusing. Didn't he also claim that Peach and Mario don't have a romantic relationship but simply good friends? I can understand why they want more emphasis on Bowser Jr. , because it's obviously much easier to develop one character rather than 7 but most original Nintendo fans who grew up with Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, cartoons (even though they're non cannon), comics, etc all consider the Koopa Kids to be his kids.
Did you just start a completely subjective thread and then disregard someones valid opinion because it doesn't coincide with your own? And then you **** on 2 of the most loved franchises because they don't fit your ideal storyline? Listen man I don't care how much time and effort you invested in making up your personalities and storylines for the koopalings don't go ****ting on other people.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
The more I think about it the more sense it would make if Rexcalibur's icon was actually a picture of him IRL.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Did you just start a completely subjective thread and then disregard someones valid opinion because it doesn't coincide with your own? And then you **** on 2 of the most loved franchises because they don't fit your ideal storyline? Listen man I don't care how much time and effort you invested in making up your personalities and storylines for the koopalings don't go ****ting on other people.
**** on people and on two beloved franchises? Lol, that's news to me. It's called a disagreement and I think you're extremely defensive. He stated his opinion, which is a common opinion among fans, I disagreed and you got angry. That's all.This is all pretty funny considering you and Blanc have been baiting since the thread was created and bringing something up that was discussed from a separate thread. This thread is for fun and to talk about the Koopa Kids. Don't ruin it.

Last edited:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
can you **** off, his game not yours
His game, but guess what? My thread, and if you don't like my opinion on something take issue with it, take your own advice and **** right on off, along with your little buddy. I especially love how the person I'm responding to never stated that I "**** on them" but two attention mongers who have been baiting for a reaction do. If you have a problem with something I said, take it up with a mod. Otherwise, kindly **** off, and that goes for your friend too.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
@ Glicnak Glicnak @ Blanc Blanc
Please do not try and instigate issues in threads. If you have an issue with someone/a post, please report it instead of derailing a topic with spam and/or flame.

@ Rexcalibr Rexcalibr
If users are trying to flame you, please report the posts instead of lashing back in the thread. It only creates bigger problems and makes things worse.

Most of the thread has derailed into nonsense, so I'll close it. If you wish to re-open a discussion on the Koopalings' origin, please consider other users' opinions (unless they post spam/irrelevant things, then report them) instead of always throwing it back at them with why they're wrong.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom