• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you stick to the music?

Cp022

Smash Rookie
I personally never beloved all the music in smash (I'm talking about you Yoshi's Island) So decided to put some diff music on while "training",
I don't believe I'm the only one right :p? And if you do which kind of genre ?!

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I enjoy a lot of the music in Smash, but I do like to put on some old school hip-hop or metal when I'm training with my friends. Pretty much anything that gets the blood flowing is good. Nothing mellow.

Cp022

Smash Rookie
I enjoy a lot of the music in Smash, but I do like to put on some old school hip-hop or metal when I'm training with my friends. Pretty much anything that gets the blood flowing is good. Nothing mellow.
I agree, hip-hop gets the flow going.
But no chillstep? I find that helpfull too

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
my friends have the 20xx hack pack and always set it to random music and i hate it so i'll just play something i want to listen to ranging from jazz to idm to rap to metal like it's really whatever lol

either that or if i forget my headphones and i'm just practicing alone i'll just turn the sound off entirely. i honestly think yoshi's, fd and stadium are a lot more enjoyable without the music on and the rest of the stages are whatever so if the person i'm playing with doesn't mind (they usually do) i'll just turn the music off because it's a lot more enjoyable for me that way

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I'm a bit of a purist. I always just stick with the in game OST. I totally get why people don't, but it's just part of the experience for me.

Cp022

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit of a purist. I always just stick with the in game OST. I totally get why people don't, but it's just part of the experience for me.
I get what you mean but I just hate some music it gets so repetetive and uninteresting after a while, like I played smash alot of hours I could almost sing every song the wow what a beautifull song has kinda worn off. Still its great music tho :D

Twewy

Smash Lord
For Project M, I changed the songs around a bit. Gotta have some rad Castlevania remixes on Dracula's Castle, which is now Luigi's Mansion I assume.

Otherwise, I enjoy my rad soundtrack accompanied with Environmental Noises.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
When I train, I don't really care for music. But if I have to say, it's calm music. Love different music from games, so I usually listen to new wave bosa nova (majora's mask) and the fragrance of dark coffee (ace attorney). But while battling, I usually listen to boss battle music like the groudon/kyogre battle theme in oras.

Cp022

Smash Rookie
When I train, I don't really care for music. But if I have to say, it's calm music. Love different music from games, so I usually listen to new wave bosa nova (majora's mask) and the fragrance of dark coffee (ace attorney). But while battling, I usually listen to boss battle music like the groudon/kyogre battle theme in oras.
Interesting, you skip the original OST and use another games OST haha

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Whenever I'm playing Project M, I just keep the vanilla soundtrack as it is. However, there have been some songs that I've replaced with that are better fits for the original stages that are included with the mod. For example, when Dracula's Castle was part of the mod, I replaced the music selection with tracks that are found within the Castlevania series.

I never try to stray far from video game soundtracks.

D

Deleted member

For Smash 4 I just use the music that's in the game. On rare occasions will I listen to my own music while playing.
For Project M I put in custom music because why not.

Top Bottom