• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you prefer old or new break the targets for SSB4?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Neither, actually. I would rather have a mix of the two - Brawl styled stages, but lots of them, say about 30.
It would be the best of both worlds - the abundance of challenges from Melee, the co-op from Brawl.

Thales

Smash Rookie
The old ones for sure, not only were they less boring, but that music just got you ready for action! Brawl's tune was just downright awful, I hope they remix the Melee tune for Smash 4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Melees definatly all characters had a different technique to do for each one

When in brawl they all have to do the same thing but ever so slight difference but only just

For SSB4 single player make it like melee for Co-op a combination of brawl and melee

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While it's fun testing how certain characters fare against each other on different levels in terms of time, it's much cooler to pick a character and try to utilize all the character's tools that the stage has been built around. So yeah, I don't think the Brawl version is bad, it's just not as good.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I preferred character specific stages, but I really want Board The Platforms back, or something entirely new.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
We should get both, Melee's helped you knowing your character and hitboxes better, and Brawl's helped you compare many characters and their weaknesses againist each other's traits.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually would like to see a mix of both things, by having 5 difficulty maps for all characters and one sixth map that would be exclusive for each character. For co-op, the character specific maps would be excluded, unless both players chose the same character.

Another neat thing would be the possibility of making custom Break the Targets maps.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I really loved the old style where each one had their own stage, but as already mentioned, it would just be too much to make 40-ish stages just for a minigame.

What I'd personally like, would be 10 to 15 stages of Target Test, but have them skinned differently depending on the series your character hails from (sort of like the alternate costumes for characters, but in stage form). That would be more do-able I'd say. And if you play co-op Target Test, the stage could take a more 'generic' Smash appearance, or just follow Player 1's character to skin the stage.

I see the merits of Brawl's target stages where you can approach it several different ways, and even play it co-op; but it's still no match for stages built entirely around the special skills of one character. In fact, I wish Adventure Mode had worked that way; imagine a Jigglypuff-exclusive level where you have to rely on carefully timing Jig's jumps to cross huge gaps; or a Yoshi stage where you have to toss eggs over high walls to hit a button on the other side. Forgive the digression... :>

It would be nice if both types of target stages could reappear, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually would like to see a mix of both things, by having 5 difficulty maps for all characters and one sixth map that would be exclusive for each character. For co-op, the character specific maps would be excluded, unless both players chose the same character.

Another neat thing would be the possibility of making custom Break the Targets maps.
YEAH. This guy, right here! He is right on the money.

It's certainly doable this time. The Wii U is not nearly as weak as the Wii, so stuff like this is entirely possible (I mean, look at LBG on the PS3)

Top Bottom