• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Do you play with the 3D effect?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Haven't really used the 3D for Smash Bros. but I played both Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright and Kid Icarus Uprising with the 3D on through the whole game, it works better for 3D games, or the New 3DS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
3D really strains the eyes after a while, I prefer to turn it off usually.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
3D Effect makes my eyes hurt, it's too distracting and it doesn't look too good.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Short answer: no
Long Answer: I have a 2DS so even if I wanted to I can't play this game with 3D atm. Tried to play games using the 3D effect (mainly Pokemon X on my old 3DS XL that I don't have anymore) but the only two things that it does for me other than looking pretty is drain my battery life and give me headaches.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
but the only two things that it does for me other than looking pretty is drain my battery life and give me headaches.
Exactly! Usually when I'm in a bus or a car it hurts... ALOT.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I use it here and there. I like the 3D effects a lot on smash. Even some stages bulge out and it is awesome having those KOs that makes people fly at your screen with 3D on.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I usually see double when I have the 3D effect activated to the highest point. Does this happen to anybody else? It happens in Pokémon too, but not in Animal Crossing or in Ocarina of Time. They told me if I had an eye problem, I'd see double. Does this happen to most of you guys or is it just my eyes?

I almost never turn on the 3D effect for more than a few seconds. I think the effect is cool, but the viewing angles are terrible.
It's pretty cool though that they made the N3DS able to adjust to the viewing angle.

I'll admit that I rarely play any game with 3D unless the framerate does not matter that much. Better framerate>3D visuals. I personally think 3D is like a party trick: it's fun to see for the first time and has quite the "wow!" factor, but ultimately people will get bored of it, because it doesn't really add much to everything.

Edit:
I usually see double when I have the 3D effect activated to the highest point. Does this happen to anybody else? It happens in Pokémon too, but not in Animal Crossing or in Ocarina of Time. They told me if I had an eye problem, I'd see double. Does this happen to most of you guys or is it just my eyes?
Considering that 3D imagery is caused by binocular disparity (seeing different images with each eye), and not being able to register it might indeed suggest an eye problem. I wouldn't worry too much, but it wouldn't hurt having your eyes checked by an optician, just to be sure. Have you ever had any problems like headaches and strained eyes after a day, or struggled with reading things up close?

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
I have a 2DS so no. But when the New Nintendo 3DS hits the states I figure I'll always have 3D on for every game

Top Bottom