• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you mainly play in an online mode other than For Glory 1-on-1?

Do you like playing a mode other than For Glory 1-on-1 more?

• Total voters

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Just asking. I want to know if For Glory 1-on-1 is really the most popular mode people on this board play since there are a lot of videos and talk covering that other than the other modes.. I mainly play For Fun Team Smash. I alternate to For Glory Team Smash a lot. I find it weird that it's not even fun for me to win in For Glory 1-on-1.

Masked Bro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6085-1995
I alternate between FG 1v1, FG 2v2, and random for fun free for alls. It sort of depends on how my matches go for whether I decide to switch to another mode or take a break. If I find myself getting lots of lag or lots of repetitive matches then I'll usually move. Otherwise though for the most part I am in FG 1v1. ^^''

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Reasons why 2v2 is better than 1v1

2vs2 is a lot less stressfull and frustrating for whatever reason

Camping/stalling is less rewarding in 2v2. If somebody tries to camp/stall you can just ignore him and focus your attacks on the other person instead.

Zoning is also less rewarding in 2v2 for the same reason. Zoning is a cool and all, but it makes matches boring as fukc. I am tired of playing 1v1 matches that end up going to sudden death because both of us are zoning the fukc out of each other. Nobody is hitting anybody, and it is boring af. 2vs2 matches just do not have that problem.

Only problem with 2vs2 is that it is hard to find matches where all 4 people are good. It is ridiculously annoying when your partner is doing worse than a substitute lvl 1 computer can.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I am mainly 2v2 For Glory. It's always great to get team mates that work well with you and compliment each other in name tags when doing well.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I use Anther's Ladder.

Much more fun, much more variety.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I usually play in the FFA For Glory section on 3ds and Wii U, i rarely go to the other modes due to reports of salty players in 1vs1 which i believe since most users on here have said it.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I go to Smash Ladder because its more fun there and better people to have fun with. For Glory players are just spammers and salty players with b*** s*** excuses and their whining.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I play For Fun (Smash) most of the time. As the name implies, it is really fun.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I mostly do smash mode with team battles here and there. People get way too upset in 1v1, but I've never encountered that in the other modes.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
For the extremely rare times I bother with playing online, I stick with friend rooms, although even it is getting input lag lately. The non-play modes online I access far more often are the Share and Spectator modes since lag is not a factor. Even just recently I sent a funny pic from Master Orders plus a replay of my top Trophy Rush score. That all combined accounts for 1% of my time with Smash, with the other 99% being solo offline modes where, again, lag does not exist.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I tend to play just about a little bit of every single mode. From Most Played to Least Played:

For Glory Teams > For Glory 1V1 > For Fun Teams > For Fun Free-for-All > For Glory Free-for-All

I tend to play For Glory Teams a lot mainly due to a friend of mine that tends to come by rather often and we usually just end up playing Sm4sh the whole time. If not For Glory then it's usually For Fun where we typically just goof off and play as completely random characters rather than our Mains, which then good times ensue (unless we get rude, insulting players anyways).

When he's not around I'm usually playing For Glory 1V1 cause I want to practice and get better, plus I do find it very enjoyable despite coming across some players who seem like they've played Halo or Call of Duty too much at times. If I'm really bored or just want to goof off I will try out For Fun FFA. If I encounter a Taunt Party I'll join in sometimes just to literally goof off. If I come across players who are actually Smashing in that mode I'll tend to stay away from my Mains and just have fun win or lose.

As for For Glory FFA, I just don't do very well in it. I can survive pretty well, but I usually can't rack up enough KO's on my own.

Last edited:

JayX

Smash Rookie
this is an undercover cop speaking. i play on smash on for fun

D

Deleted member

I play against friends or people that I fight on Smashboards to help me practice and get better. For Glory is good for when you want to get an opponent immediately, but there are way too many cons with the mode (you will encounter the same characters over and over to the point where you will not gain matchup knowledge on certain characters, the general skill level varies from really bad to really good, there is only one stage type and that favors some and hurts others, the salt is real, etc.).

Other than that, I play For Fun, but that gets bad when people aren't fighting.

abx

Smash Journeyman
I like For Fun modes because it's easier to not get worked up about anything and it lets me play all stages, even "illegal" ones. Some of them are just too good to be ignored (though not competitively viable). On FG I clearly prefer 1v1 because FFA on Omega stages is boring and claustrophobic. I don't believe in team matches unless it's a friend's room. In the end I tend to play FG more than For Fun though.

Top Bottom