• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like the Main Theme of SSB4?

What do you think of the main theme of SSB4?

• It's awesome!

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • It's boring.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • It's awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Brawl's was awesome, but 4's just AMAZING, it sounds heroic, epic, trumphant, competitive.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I don't, honestly.

I mean, I love the theme of Melee and the theme of Brawl. For the latter, I was pretty annoyed at the "main theme remixes for everything" approach they took, but I never get tired of listening to the main theme itself (though I think the Final Destination rendition is pretty sweet).

I don't think the Main Theme of SSB64 is anything special on its own, but I do LOVE the Final Destination (Melee) rendition of the song.

I was immediately disappointed with the Theme of SSB4 when I first heard it in the initial trailer, and my opinion hasn't changed. It's not a BAD theme, but I just think it's really boring. It's just slightly not-as-good as the Theme of SSB64.
As for "Main Theme of Super Smash Bros. 64", I'm guessing that you mean the "Credits" theme for Super Smash Bros. 64 (given that you referenced Super Smash Bros. Melee's Final Destination arrangement, which has the "SSB64 Credits" as the basis)...? I personally consider the "Opening Theme" to be the main theme since that's the criteria that seems to be generally used for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but I suppose that either the Opening Theme or Credits Theme for Super Smash Bros. 64 can suffice (fortunately, Brawl's credits medley uses both of them).

To the thread's main point, I love Super Smash Bros. 4's Main Theme - the introductory portion gives a great "mounting excellence" feeling, followed by percussive bursts of "solemnity" throughout the song and the valiant-sounding brass instruments, all while incorporating Super Smash Bros. 64's "Character Select" theme! I think Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Main Theme (particularly the Menu arrangement) worked well. As for "repeatedly remixing the main theme" throughout the game, I can see how that can be a problem if one doesn't like the game's main theme to begin with..

In and of itself, it's fine to me. The problem is that people are comparing it to the other games and their themes. The song isn't bad, it's just not the same orchestration as the other ones. For example, there isn't a 100 piece choir singing portions of the theme. It's all brass with occasional woodwind licks. My favorite theme is still melee because of the changes in texture throughout the piece, but I still like my trumpets, haha.
Well if people want Ominous Latin Chanting, GuardianSoul of YouTube made a great rendition of the Super Smash Bros. 4 theme that does that (albeit with gibberish :laugh:)!

It's my favourite Smash theme. It perfectly captures the feeling of Smash IMO. Like, I sometimes call it "the hype song", because the song gets me pumped. Whenever I hear the theme in the background of some videos, it gets me excited because I know it's Smash time. But it also is fighting fit.

I do think the Final Destination and Master Hand themes need to be switched, though.
This! I can't wait to hear both of those themes (holding off on listening to Super Smash Bros. 4 music until I first experience/hear the music within the games themselves); I've seen a lot of people making the same remark regarding the "need flip-flopping" of the Super Smash Bros. 4 Final Destination stage music and Master Hand's boss battle theme.. :surprised:

Also, you're the first person I've seen besides "Nurse Joy" from Pokemon Red and Blue to use the phrase "fighting fit".. :bee:

Top Bottom