• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like how they handled Tournament Mode?

Do you like how Tournament Mode is?

• Total voters

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
First off, ahh I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I heavily apologize if I am.
But, as the titles suggests, do you like how they handled the new Tournament Mode?
Personally, I'm okay with it, but I don't agree with some of the choices they made. For instance, the 2-3 minute timer. I think that's just not enough time to finish a match, seeing as my matches run around 3-5 minutes. Another thing I don't like is the fact that there's not Sudden Death when the timer run out.
For those of you who don't know, when the timer runs out, the winner is picked based on how much damage both players inflicted. If you inflicted more damage than your opponent, you win, and vice versa. I think this can be exploited if someone plays a character with good frame data like Mario or a character with lots of muti-hitting moves like Sonic. Then once they get you up to 130%, they just run away the rest of the match. It drives me up the wall!! :mad:
But hey, that's just my two-cents. Maybe I'm just bad at the game. How about you?

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I've only played a couple tournaments, and I was not impressed. They took one of the best things in Smash since Melee and made it a mess of a mode. The lack of offline tourneys really hurts it.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
No 1 vs 1 tourneys except the Nintendo hosted ones and they are pretty much all items on. I mean what the fukc. Seriously sakurai?

Its like when they thought it was a good idea to release Brawl with no 1v1 online mode

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I think there should have been a separation of equipment+customs and customs alone. It's one thing to change things up with customs, but it's on a different level when I'm being flame waved for 60% by a critical hitter Ganon.

If they do that and fix the random forfeits, it'd be a lot better IMO.

It's great for equipment shenanigans though. You can get a speed-specced Shulk that can jump over the ceiling view before even double jumping (hi-jump+decisive)

Last edited:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I don't like it for very obvious reasons, and I'm not gonna sit here and write them because anyone who is slightly into the competitive scene can already catch maybe 10 or 20 things wrong with this mode.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think it is pretty bad and I am not even crazy over ~competitive~ rulesets and stuff. And people thought it would kill For Glory mode. Ha ha!

Top Bottom