• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like clones?

chillindude829

Smash Master
Name in red is better.

1. Mario and Dr. Mario
2. C.Falcon and Ganondorf
3. Fox and Falco
4. Link and Young Link
5. Pikachu and Pichu
6. Marth and Roy

Mostly the originals, but Link sucks.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Re: eh?

Originally posted by OmNiNeSs
i don't think i could see a better set of reasons than those Yoshi, even if i devoted my life to it...
Thankyou OmNiNeSs...

But also, Pichu does have some good. For I've been recently randomly choosing characters, and I found an interesting discovers. YES...

Pichu may lack majour defence, but it's speed is way up. Ok, so everyone knows that. But did anyone dare to use this weakling? Superised? I was! He was enormous powers, even tohugh he can attack himself. His powers are beyond Pikachu's, for he is a middleweight. But still, I find it hard to judge them, Pikachu and Pichu, for what they lack, is what their counterpart strengths! Pikachu is slow, but Pichu is fast. Defence wise, Pikachu is better, and Pichu is lower! But attack, is where Pichu is good. Even though he was made to hurt himself, it way be the only flaw in this perfect character. Speed is high, attack is high, and is easy to recover...

In my opinion: Pichu is just a equal as the other smashers, even better then some. Who dares to argue with that?

raul

Smash Lord
i'd pick dr.mario, fox, captain falcon, pichu, and roy. i just fell comfortale with roy instead of marth for some reason, its just weird mental bloc when i play with marth i dont know, ive always used fox so im sticking with him, i like captain falcon since the first game, ganondork is too slow, and i like dr.mario just for a differetn look then the regular mario.

Tapion

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario/Pikachuu/Ganon/Fox/Mirai Link/Roy. Why do people think Marth is better than Roy? Roy is the EXACT same as Marth, but with stronger attacks. Someone please explain this to me. :confused:

raul

Smash Lord
for some reason alot fo noobs love marth, not all but alot, im dissing marth, marth is really good, he does have advantages over roy

also other fan fics that could appear: A Destiny Unlocked (alternate version of episdoe 1 on how Super Smash Brother got Started)...Fox's Quest: Story based on what happen after A DESTINY UNLOCKED.....KIrby's SECOND QUEST (TAKES PLACE AFTER FOX'S QUEST, based off DESTINLY UNLOCKED)

Tapion

Smash Ace
^Could you give sum examples? All you said was Marth has an advantage over Roy! But what are those advantages? I see none.

raul

Smash Lord
honestly, i dont use marth that often, so im going by what other say...one marth is an excellent starting character for anyone just getting melee, two some one else posted that marth has better groudn attacks and some say he is slighty faster but im not too sure about anything else, maybe his throws are better or something...

also other fan fics that could appear: A Destiny Unlocked (alternate version of episdoe 1 on how Super Smash Brother got Started)...Fox's Quest: Story based on what happen after A DESTINY UNLOCKED.....KIrby's SECOND QUEST (TAKES PLACE AFTER FOX'S QUEST, based off DESTINLY UNLOCKED)

Dark Roy X

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by onkit
Who will you choose between:
1. Mario and Dr. Mario
3. Fox and Falco
4. Link and Young Link
5. Pikachu and Pichu
6. Marth and Roy
(Name in green won)
These are the clones i would choose

mario
c. falcon
falco
link
pikachu
roy (all the way)

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
I can understand all of those outcomes completly except for the pichu one. But does anyone else dispice thespeedyness nintedo made so they tripled the emount of clones form the last game? cant they be origonal and NOT put in these worthless pokemon characters? sure marth and roy are great characters (mostly marth) but before they were aunounce did any of you even know who they were? so STEP ONE: get rid of some characters for each game that makes fans wanting more and buying the older games STEP TWO: think about the cahracters you put in. are the games released in every country. STEP THREE: limit yourself to one or two clones STEP FOUR: get rid of marth and roy ( i would hate this too but like i said before did any of you know who they were before this? also did any of you even play fire emblum?) SO I HATE CLONES THEY ARE A WASTE

NukeA6

Smash Master
As long as a clone has no relation of a character (Dr. Mario, Pichu) I'm fine. In other words, Falco and Ganondorf are the only clones I like. Oooh wait, let's not forget the fastest powerhouse, Roy.

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Devilkoopa
I can understand all of those outcomes completly except for the pichu one. But does anyone else dispice thespeedyness nintedo made so they tripled the emount of clones form the last game? cant they be origonal and NOT put in these worthless pokemon characters? sure marth and roy are great characters (mostly marth) but before they were aunounce did any of you even know who they were? so STEP ONE: get rid of some characters for each game that makes fans wanting more and buying the older games STEP TWO: think about the cahracters you put in. are the games released in every country. STEP THREE: limit yourself to one or two clones STEP FOUR: get rid of marth and roy ( i would hate this too but like i said before did any of you know who they were before this? also did any of you even play fire emblum?) SO I HATE CLONES THEY ARE A WASTE
.....Your a idiot...

For example: You've mastered Falcon, and you want a slower and powerful version of him to adapt too. Thats where Ganondorf shines. And if you want a tad bit slower, powerful and less aglile Mario, theres Dr. Mario. If you want the SSB blaster again, theres Falco. If you want a quicker and agile Link, theres Young Link. If you wanted a slower and powerful Marth, theres Roy. If you what a quicker and self-damaging Pikachu, theres Pichu. There not a waste of time, they are a challenge.

Also, NOJ maybe just wanted there fire emblem characters released in america for a change. Ever get a chance to read their classic trophies? Besides, I don't care who they are, as long they are good characters to play as.

And the pokemon characters are NOT useless, they are just a challenge to the average SSBM player. So that means your not good with them. Grow up.

raul

Smash Lord
there is no reason for name calling (and its your AN idiot squall, at least get the grammer right before you just start calling people idiots), the point of the topic is where or not you like the clones, i like the idea of the characters but just because they have the exact same moves as their counter parts bothers me, i think that they (nintendo) should change the move of each character so they arent exact clones of each other.

Warcry

Smash Cadet
Clones... heh. The clones may end up being somehow better than the original, but are somehow worse also. I would've liked it if they were a little more original with their cloning idea. Oh, and to enlighten at least one person who posted in this thread, Luigi is NOT a clone of Mario. He has similar techniques, sure, but they're not all the same (his regular attacks/forward B move are different).

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
1. Mario and Dr. Mario: MARIO
2. C.Falcon and Ganondorf: GANONDORF
3. Fox and Falco: FALCO
4. Link and Young Link: LINK
5. Pikachu and Pichu: PIKACHU
6. Marth and Roy: MARTH

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Dr.Mario (Doctors are cool :D)
Captain Falcon (I hate both of them but I'm pretty good with CF)
Falco (Falco has always been one of my most favorite video game characters! He's my main in Melee =])
Link (He's funner to use XD)
Pichu (Its so small and quick! :D)
Roy (Fire FTW XD)

SiD

Smash Master
1. Mario and Dr. Mario: MARIO
2. C.Falcon and Ganondorf: GANONDORF
3. Fox and Falco: FOX
4. Link and Young Link: LINK
5. Pikachu and Pichu: PIKACHU
6. Marth and Roy: LYN

Zevox

Smash Lord
All the originals for me. Marth, Link, and Captain Falcon are my best characters (in that order), so theres no way I'd pick their clones over them. Pikachu and Pichu is obvious - the one that doesn't hurt himself with his own attacks. Fox vs Falco, I simply find I play better as Fox - couldn't tell you why, since I don't use either much, but its noticeable. Mario vs Doc seem incredibly similar to me (haven't used either in a long, long time), but I've always preferred Mario on general principles.

Zevox

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Who will you choose between:
1. Mario and Dr. Mario
3. Fox and Falco
4. Link and Young Link
5. Pikachu and Pichu
6. Marth and Roy
(Name in green won)
Clones are nothing but clones. I hate them all. I wish they would all die a horrible death and get destroyed by a giant slimey genital.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Clones are nothing but clones. I hate them all. I wish they would all die a horrible death and get destroyed by a giant slimey genital.
Lolz.

1. Mario and Dr. Mario-Mario
2. C.Falcon and Ganondorf-Falcon
3. Fox and Falco-Fox
4. Link and Young Link-Y Link
5. Pikachu and Pichu-Pika
6. Marth and Roy-Marth

Top Bottom