• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have any Dair spike setup to give to a Lucina Beginer ? Or any other advice ?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I always main One character in previous Smash , never Focus on the other i main Sonic since Brawl but in Smash 4 i wanted to main Another character : The dear and beloved Lucina .

I'm playing around with her in training mode and Saw she had a Spike on her Dair . And i wanted to know if she had a setup for Her spike , Like Sonic have One ( Dtrown - jump - Dair ) and if not . Did you have any tip ( the scale) for a beginer Like me ?

sawp

Smash Rookie
I think just a back throw at a fair percentage should be good. Really, you shouldn't be thinking about it as a specific combo. A character like Lucina is more flow-based. You have options against your opponent to move them from one position to another. So if your opponent is off stage, depending on where they are, you could be doing a b-air or a d-air, it really just depends on the situation.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Building off of what sawp said, you're more likely to gimp more than anything else, and keep the flow of the match going. That being said, there are ways to setup into your spike, but both methods are quite escapable too.

First is the FAir > Double jump DAir, which when positioned correctly around above and infront of Lucina, your opponent is placed at a more ideal position to spike.

The second one builds off my Air DB setup, where at least 70% and up, hit the opponent in a similar position to that of the one above, then double jump and DAir. This gets easier at around 130%, where if you hit them with the DB, they will go up a bit and be stuck in a helpless animation to give you a bit more time to position well.

It is possible to go for it after gimping your opponent once or FThrow, but at that point, you're just going after them once they're off stage and not really setting them up as well.

Both of these can easily be air dodged, countered, or simply attacked back, but they do place your opponent at a possibility of spiking. Please refer to this link for the full discussion on setting up the DAir spike:
http://smashboards.com/threads/luci...t-to-percents-etc.372617/page-3#post-17804900

Hopefully this helps dude

Top Bottom