• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you hate yoshis island/battlefield

ADHD

Smash Hero
You just have to play alot smarter, but I hate lylat cruise with a burning passion

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'm not a huge fan of battlefield or yoshi's island with diddy, but it's not the worst place to be with him. I hate norfair, rainbow cruise, and lylat cruise. Final Destination/Smashville >>> All

Vall3y

Smash Lord
yes its pretty bad, especially since opponents can pick it up quickly with relative ease after shielding it etc

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah I hate Yoshis Island x_x although I really love to wall cling just for fun... lol. I like battlefield though, the platforms don't stop the bananas too much, because they aren't as big as in Yoshis Island, and not at a stupid angel.
I hate Lylat cruise though... but not just with Diddy, I hate the tilting of the stage and the platforms are annoying.

I'm not a huge fan of battlefield or yoshi's island with diddy, but it's not the worst place to be with him. I hate norfair, rainbow cruise, and lylat cruise. Final Destination/Smashville >>> All
Omg, how can you not like Norfair? It's such a great stage :) I love to hang on the edges all the time. And you can jump from edge to edge. I love doing that XD I also think it isn't bad for serious matches. Well, but that's probably my personal opinion. ^^

BrawlerBoy987

Smash Rookie
hmm.

well personally, I don't find yoshi's island ALL that difficult to take advantage of, more so against less experienced players. there's only one platform, and it's in the middle. My advice for diddy players on this stage is to take advantage of the edges. Diddy has some nice edgeguarding potential if you use him right. Always have bananas out, and try to leave one on the platform most of the time so they can't gain any advantage from it. Other than that, play your best and hope your skills will outmatch your opponent's.

BATTLEFEILD is a completely different story..atleast from my experience.
the platforms almost COMPLETELY diminish your banana strategy, which is usually KEY for a diddy victory..
there's not much you can do to change it, except stay quick, use every aspect of diddy's moveset, and keep your opponent guessing.

and definitely take every chance you get to get a spike kill off the edge.. it'll help you ALOT in the long run.

Top Bottom