• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you fight harder on home turf?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
A lighthearted topic for a change of pace.

If a metroid stage pops up do you fight harder?
I invariably sit up, concentrate. It's on.
I will sandbag fairly frequently on glory vs. a weaker opponent, test things that are less-than-optimal, try for the not-true combos, but it's not going to happen on home turf. Norfair? No way. Full force, optimal punishes, no messing around.

I also do this on a few other stages/music selections.
Luigi's mansion Tetris theme. Prepare to die. Don't know why. Dark Samus just works on it.
Boxing ring.
Colosseum with id purpose.
Castle siege.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I'm best on stages with wall jumps. Omega Pyrosphere always eats my upb because I get stuck under the cylinders.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I actually very much dislike both Omega Metroid stages, so I don't think I do no

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
I love fighting on omega Norfair as Samus, I get pretty into it.

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
I go all out on omega wii fit. I don't know why. Watch the flow of my movements as I demonstrate my b-air through your cerebral cortex. Really though, I just love the simplicity of the stage as well as all the wall jumping I get to do.

Any time pyrosphere or norfair comes on, gloves are off, you picked the wrong neighborhood. I totally get what you mean. At that point it's about pride.

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
I rarely play on Omega Stages as I prefer to practice through Anther's Ladder, battling friends, or battling streamers; all of which allow me to use stages I would see in tournament. I find myself playing best at Smashville and Duck Hunt, but the Metroid stages? Couldn't tell ya. Perhaps it would be a fun experiment to try though.

Nayol

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naayool123
The only times i fight hard are when 6 songs pass my ears;
-Smiles and Tear
-Meeting theme medley
-You will know our names
-Reach for the stars
-Lighting Chariot Theme
-Village of Blue maiden
Not to say i don't like other songs, but these are probably my fave

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I know I do, can't show weakness. I also do when it's the home stage for whoever my opponent is playing, because then i can think something like "that's embarrassing losing in front of all your friends like that."

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Oh most definitely I get pumped when fighting on a Metroid stage. I think it's mostly due to being passionate about the franchise in general, and with the Metroid music playing, it's certainly on.

Oh yeah, and playing on Colosseum with the song Id Purpose is awesome. It doesn't hurt that I just finished Fire Emblem Awakening not too long ago, so I had some context for that awesome track.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I feel like once that Metroid music kicks in Samus' pride is on the line. I treat it like any sports team does when playing at home, THIS IS MY HOUSE, YOU DONT WIN HERE. Granted they arent the best stages for Samus to play on but, Its home. And if I lose on those stages its worse than losing to Yoshi, I feel like I failed harder than anything.
So yea, if its Metroid, its on hard. Go home team! (I love football)

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Dreamland 64 is my home, my child, and my baby. I either get destroyed or win normally, haven't had any really close matches there in a while. A month or two really.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
The xenoblade stage has the best music and that game is amazing (too bad I really don't like Shulk in Smash...). Seriously though, they could've picked a better place from the game to act as the stage--it has some amazing visuals even with Wii graphics, Gaur Plain is not the prettiest.
02 battle on halberd
Definitely castle siege
Bath time theme from nintendogs at Wii Fit Studio
The music on duck hunt is really relaxing, I play better there for some reason.
Boss fight theme on palutenas temple

If I get the stage, what's it called, like green wreck it Ralph... Construction Time or something, idk. The ugly grainy city in the background, worst non omega, worst omega, worst music; I will literally SD twice.
I don't dislike the omega metroid stages cuz the music isnt bad but not my favorite overall

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Omega Metroid stages
Heh, "Omega Metroid"...

But yes, as silly as it sounds, I tend to feel like I have a legacy to represent when I end up on a Metroid stage. Metroid is just my favourite video game series, and always will be. I'm hopelessly obsessed with it, and dang proud! I also love Metroid's music, and that combined with being on the stages makes me want to fight harder, and fight smarter!

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
When the stage appears and all but the Golden Sun music plays, game on. I can't afford to play lacking in such a serious environment.

This is actually what I'd like to do: turn off all Music in the game so the TV only plays the SFX and Voices. Then put in some earbuds to play some great Metroid music. Meteoroid Metal, Harmony of a Hunter, OC Remix has a few others, songs from Metroid games. I'd play twice as good every match if I could do that.

On the contrary, I lose 90% intensity when I wind up on Halberd, DHD, Delfina, and Smashville normal forms. Seamus can kill from a throw on either Delfino or Halberd, but those stages are just way too small. And I'll never accept Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd as legal stages. Major crippling stages that are very unfair and I have a video on the garbage.

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Norfair with the Norfair theme, Pyrosphere with the MP2 Multiplayer theme, and Port Town Aero Drive with Fire Field playing?

It's GO time.

Last edited:

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
Brinstar with Brinstar Depths theme? It's on.
Arena Ferox with fire emblem theme? Waifu Wars.
Unova Pokemon League? Let's go.
Boxing Ring too.

Also I utterly love playing living room because I always get distracted on the puppies.

Top Bottom