• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you bottom out when L-Canceling?

Do you bottom out your L/R Buttons when L Canceling.

• Total voters

Esther

Smash Rookie
Hey, fellow smashers I was just wondering if you guys bottom out your controllers L/R Buttons when L Canceling. In other words pressing it in until it clicks. I personally do, and was just wondering if this was a bad habit or not.

Ha. Provided everyone gets their l-cancel or not, then probably most people go for the nice clicking sound.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
Used to, but don't anymore... because if you get hit out of your aerial while you're trying to l-cancel you won't be able to tech for 20 frames. Better to just push down a little. Definitely miss that click though :'(

Twitchy

Smash Cadet
I didn't even know you could lightly press the trigger to do an L-cancel. In fact it was for that very reason that I learned to do it with Z instead. :ohwell:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Light press is better because it doesn't mess with your tech window.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
I only use "R" to L-cancel if I know I plan on movement that involves the button again shortly after reaching the ground.
Example: Marth N-air to backwavedash because the opponent shielded and I don't want to get shield grabbed.

Unless this is the case, I use "Z" to L-cancel, because I don't have to worry about pressure sensitivity and accidentally shielding/light shielding ever.

btw I voted that I don't bottom out.

Top Bottom