• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we really want to know the newcommers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I remember back when I first got Melee, I enjoyed the game alot just single player.

I could never forget that moment when those new commers appeared, obviously some from games I've played long ago, and some from games I was playing, (Dr. Mario, Falco)

and ofcourse, some that are just completely forigne to me at that time, Marth, Roy, even Ganondorf (I'm not a Zelda gamer)

I thought that was really fun, playing the game and unreviling the secrets in it.

now we are all gathered here being crazed nuts about the upcomming SSBB, my question to you all is, do we really want to know all the new commers before the game releases? wouldn't it ruin that "OMG DUDE SIGURD IS IN IT!" fun when we are playing?

I guess what I'm saying is, there actually is a possiblity that Sakurai is hiding all the "need to be unlocked" newcommers, and only giving us a list of the characters that come from the game unlocked.

and I guess to me I kind of want it to be that way, cus when I'm playing the game, at least I'll have that anticipation and obviously the joy of seeing the character that I wanted in, or even see completely unexpected suprises.

your thoughts?

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
I agree 100%! I never got to experience the joy that comes with unlocking a new character.
My bro beat SSB for me, and I knew all of the secrets of Melee before I even bought the game.

GenG

Smash Lord
I want to know the newcomers as early I can, is a fan game after all: People request characters for people to play them. We, the "character whores", must to know about them.

Of course, most people would want to unlock themselves. But I knew about all characters in Melee before before playing and that made me to anticipate even more the game. For me, Smash is about playing against friends, with all the characters. 1P mode is more like the "hurdle" before the prize, I didn't enjoy replaying the same mode once and another or wait 20 hours for unlocking the characters.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I would rather not know any (or at least not very many) more of wha newcomers there is going to be in it, the only thing I want to knowis the release date, which I think will be announced sometime during E3 that starts 3 and a half weeks from today.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
You still get the "OMG -insert characters name here- is in it!!!" feeling while you read the list of all the hidden characters anyways...so the point is moot.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think his point is, its the excitement of unlocking new out-of-nowhere characters. Like you could just be playing SSBM with your friend, a couple friendly matches, and bam. Newcomer Mewtwo comes out of nowhere.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Being a Brit, looks like I won't get much choice in the matter, seeing as how Japan/USA always get games before us the names of the newcomers will be plastered all over the net within a few days.
I wouldn't mind finding them out though, I mean how else am I going to find out how to unlock them all. 'OMG you get this REALLY cool character if you complete the 100 man melee, but I'm not going to tell you who it is'... yeah right, they'll always be a name attached.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
^ I have the same problem, chances are all the characters will be revealed before the game comes out here.

And to be honest, I actually want to know which characters are in before I get the game. I want to figure out how to get them myself, but I'd like to know who I can expect to see.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Amen to that, Zeela. I mean, I wouldn't mind knowing one or two more, but I want the suprise factor too.
ya, exactly.

but my main point is actually...

oh, I'm sure everyones familer with this picture!

let's see where our smash secrets lie, see Mewtwo? perhaps Ganondorf?

NO

as a matter of fact, no secret characters were told about UNTILL the game actually released...

INTERESTING...
would that also mean the secret characters wont be told untill Brawl is released?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actually, some secret characters were revealed before the game released.

What is the point of this topic? To reserve an area of our site to talk about whether or not we should talk about things that some people want to see and some people don't? Doesn't that sounds a little redundant to anybody else?

If you don't want to know the characters, don't check this site. We'll have the information as soon as it is available. We got the full character list about a week before the game launched here, because Japanese gamers (who got the game before us) told us.

Not to mention, it's pretty difficult to unlock characters if you don't know how to do it (I probably never would've done Multi-Man Melee if not to get Falco). And any instructions on how to unlock characters are going to list the characters. I'd rather know who they are so I can get them as quickly as possible.

But yeah, this is pretty pointless. There's a topic in the General room about whether or not people want to know this information early. We definitely don't need two.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sakurai already said he'd most likely announce them all himself due to everyone knowing as soon as it's released in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom