• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the Brawl Managers Work with PM 3.6?

D

Deleted member

I've recently started messing around with PM Brawl modding again (on Dolphin seeing as how I don't want to risk bricking my Wii), and I seem to have run into some complications.

First of all, do the Brawl Managers from Lakora work with 3.6? Because every time I tried changing or adding something with them, it would cause PM on Dolphin to load up a broken version of vanilla Brawl. I've also encountered situations where changing CSPs, BPs, RSPs, and stock icons of characters through Brawl Box would cause the same thing, and even cause a weird error in Dolphin where it will soft-lock after trying to go into the character select screen, saying that I need to put the Brawl disc in.

Oh, and secondly, is ImDisk an okay program to use for editing virtual SD cards? The only reason I'm using it is because Dolphin themselves linked to it, but I'm noticing a lot more people seem to prefer WinImage. Which is best to use?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch! :)

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
I
I've recently started messing around with PM Brawl modding again (on Dolphin seeing as how I don't want to risk bricking my Wii), and I seem to have run into some complications.

First of all, do the Brawl Managers from Lakora work with 3.6? Because every time I tried changing or adding something with them, it would cause PM on Dolphin to load up a broken version of vanilla Brawl. I've also encountered situations where changing CSPs, BPs, RSPs, and stock icons of characters through Brawl Box would cause the same thing, and even cause a weird error in Dolphin where it will soft-lock after trying to go into the character select screen, saying that I need to put the Brawl disc in.

Oh, and secondly, is ImDisk an okay program to use for editing virtual SD cards? The only reason I'm using it is because Dolphin themselves linked to it, but I'm noticing a lot more people seem to prefer WinImage. Which is best to use?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch! :)
I use a Wii U for Project M but I can confirm that all the managers work perfectly with Project M. I don't know how to use Project M with Dolphin since my computer is a toaster, so your problem is most likely within Dolphin and how different it handles the mod.

It won't brick your Wii. Just use that, if you don't care about netplay or anything like that.

Top Bottom