• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do some people really think Wii Fit Trainer replaced R.O.B.?

Do you think Wii Fit Trainer replaced anyone?

• Yes, Wii Fit Trainer replaced R.O.B.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No but R.O.B. is still cut

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Yes but R.O.B. wasn't the one replaced

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No, Wii Fit Trainer hasn't replaced anyone

Votes: 49 87.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I couldn't believe it when someone here said R.O.B. was replaced by Wii Fit Trainer, Do people REALLY think this? Do you think Wii Fit Trainer replaced anyone? I want to hear some logic.

p.s., I think Wii Fit Trainer was an excellent addition.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
No. (EDIT, to reiterate, I don't think that.)

No one replaced ANYONE unless Sakurai/Nintendo SAID they did specifically.

Besides WFT isn't very similar to ROB, IMO. One of the ONLY similarities I could think of off the top of my head is the beeping noise WFT makes when she uses a smash attack being like the noises ROB makes.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The concept of Wii Fit Trainer "replacing" R.O.B makes my head hurt. It's like saying that Little Mac is replacing Captain Falcon.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that Wii Fit Trainer replaced anybody, but I'm 100% certain, that people who believe that (unfortunately?) exist.

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Surely if Wii Fit Trainer was replacing R.O.B it wouldn't be the Trainer at all, but the Wii Balance Board? At the very least, those ARE both peripherals...

...but one is a fairly popular peripheral for the Wii created less than a decade ago. The other is a peripheral for the NES which was so popular in the US it saved gaming as we know it, and has actually made other playable appearances.

Either there is a really serious case of identity crisis going on here, or Wii Fit Trainer has NOT replaced R.O.B...

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
That's absurd. She's not even remotely close to R.O.B., like, what the heck where they thinking? She's just a new addition from a Nintendo franchise that clearly fit the bill of inclusion and plus: WFT is another viable female representative (besides the dude version). If anything, R.O.B. would be cut by something a little more similar—perhaps in play-style (or for that matter being a robot...)

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Apparently, Miiverse logic dictates that Character I don't like #1 = Character I don't like #2. Other than that, I have no explanations.

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
The reason the WFT hasn't replaced anyone is because there's no such thing as "slots." Let's say Snake is cut. Does that mean WFT replaced him? Or Megaman? Or Pac-Man? Or another Konami rep? People would say the Konami rep, because it'd be convenient for them to use as an argument against the Konami rep.
If R.O.B was removed, people would automatically assume it was the WFT's fault, or another retro character's fault. If Mr. Game and Watch gets in but not R.O.B, using that assumption, it's just as much fault of Mr. Game and Watch as it is of the WFT. Same goes with Waluigi. Is it Rosalina's fault Waluigi isn't it? No. Saying that Rosalina made Waluigi not in the game is something done because it's convenient fuel to flame Rosalina's inclusion.
What about a character like Isaac? If he's not in, who's fault is it? Another character who gets to represent their series? Maybe it's Lucina's fault, because she's the reason everyone's not in. Using that logic, Lucina stopped Skull Kid, Ashley, Anna, Tharja, Blood Falcon, Sukapon, Diskun, Talonflame, and any character you can think of from getting in.
The reason people say one character replaced another is because it's easy to say that. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom