• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DO people who main snake just to win deserve respect?

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
I'm a snake mainer and I think your ****ing ********! You have no respect for snake mainers?!? Maybe all those people trying to win by only useing high tiers maybe but I'll have you know I've been a snake fan since the first MGS come out on playstation. Honestly, when i first played him I thought he was gonna suck cause he felt so slow but I kept useing him turns out he's in his own tier. But thats fine maybe the f-tilts range and speed is alittle ridculous but other then that it takes alot to be good with snake! Now if you wanna talk about broken Metaknight all the way its like that ****er has no counter not even snake cause u can't beat his speed and his ridculous air game. Bottom line the only broken char in the game is metaknight he has no coutner and no one in the game is as fast and as strong as him he should be banned from tourny use cause unlike metaknight, snake can be gimped and beat 10 times easier then MK any day. And I'm sure any snake mainer would agree!
you should read the thread before you post. nobody ever made the claim "all snake mainers don't deserve respect," the original poster said those who main him because he's "broken" don't deserve respect.

TrueComrade

Smash Rookie
I love Snake... hell, he is the the main reason I even bought Brawl! The first thing I did was to unlock him and I have mained him ever sience.

I'm new to this Smash Bros scene, but I don't see anything unfair about him.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I love Snake... hell, he is the the main reason I even bought Brawl! The first thing I did was to unlock him and I have mained him ever sience.

I'm new to this Smash Bros scene, but I don't see anything unfair about him.
He IS in a sense but no more than Shiek in Melee. Some people are calling for a ban and that's just stupid.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
If they ban snake they better ban MK too...not that those bans would ever happen.

If they won't ban D3's standing infinite (on mario, luigi, samus, DK and bowser) they won't ban Snake or MK...

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about respect? It's competitive video games. When you lose (and I'm sure both Lep and the OP do, otherwise there wouldn't be any need to baw) the winner doesn't give two ****s about whether or not you respect him or his reasoning for choosing to main Snake.

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
Here we go again. I hate people who call Snake broken. Yes a few disjointed hitboxes but no where near broken. If you wanna talk broken go to the MK board.

Also I really don't see why it matters why we chose to main Snake. It doesnt because you'll always know who mains him and whose jumping on the bandwagon. Personally I main Snake for 3 reasons. 1. I love the MGS series (MGS 4 FTW), 2. I love guns, grenades, etc., and 3. He's uber strong.

Now can we stop having ppl from other boards coming here calling Snake broken

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
You deserve neither love nor hatred (or anything else) based solely on who you main as. The only thing that matters is what you actually do with your main(s).
amen . :D

ten ****ing lettarz

Driek

Smash Rookie
Hey man, listen. Snake is a character I play because of the MGS series, but honestly, if people want to play him, fine. I don't even know what these tiers are (but I hear people talking about them all the time) but think about it. He has decent power in terms of melee, he can kill someone grabbing on to the edge (the remote control missile), and he's pretty heavy. Whats wrong with that?

Top Bottom