• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do People Still Play Brawl Online Through Homebrew

StephenSmashSkrub

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone its stephen and i want to get into playing brawl competivly however before i start practicing for this and start setting up WI-FI after the shutdown mod i would like to know do people play the game online? I know alot of people play project M but unfortunatly i cant play it becuase i live in the PAL region so im just wondering does anyone still play Plain Brawl online any anwsers/feedback is apreciated

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
You either use wiimmfi's cheat code through homebrew or through the stage builder exploit, then it connects to independent servers allowing you to Brawl online.

An alternative to this is using an emulator (Dolphin) with Netplay enabled. It's much better than wiimmfi but requires a decent computer, good connection and a controller adapter so you don't have to play with a keyboard haha

I suggest taking a look at pidgezero_one's post about how to play Brawl after the wifi shutdown.

StephenSmashSkrub

Smash Rookie
Okay i have set up wiimmfis cheat code i have to wait 1 week before it allows me to play online
You either use wiimmfi's cheat code through homebrew or through the stage builder exploit, then it connects to independent servers allowing you to Brawl online.

An alternative to this is using an emulator (Dolphin) with Netplay enabled. It's much better than wiimmfi but requires a decent computer, good connection and a controller adapter so you don't have to play with a keyboard haha

I suggest taking a look at pidgezero_one's post about how to play Brawl after the wifi shutdown.

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
So... Yes this is 3 years later but is it still possible to use this homebrew trick?

Top Bottom