• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do I use Olimar right?

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I have been maining Link but it is very hard to win against Level 9 with him and all charachters with some kind of reflector is impossible for my Link to win over but lately I have been using Olimar and today I was so surprised! I pwned a Level 9 Ike so hard in a five stock match and only lost one stock and the same with Marth,Snake and alot of others...

But im not sure if i use his moves right, I often start of the match with throwing Pikmins on the enemie (side-b) so they can get a little damage then I usually grab the **** of the enemie and if i manage do get them up in the air I either uair or fair them and sometimes Nair them or wait in the ground and then up smash them (really good move!). I sometime also short hop and fair, it works ok but i miss sometimes.

So the final question is do I use him right/his moves?

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Don't take too much pride in destroying Ike, he practically turns around and bends over for Olimar.

You've got a good general strategy, but you've got to avoid being predictable. If you form rigid habits against computers then human opponents will catch on and make you pay for it. There are a ton of threads here with different Olimar combos that you can check out. Having more tools at your disposal will definitely help your game.

Learning the advantages of different pikmin will especially make you more effective.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
You're strategy fits Olimar to a tee, actually. FBing for damage, grabbing, Uairing, Usmashing for finishing, all good ways to use Olimar's good moves. But as WhoseReality? said, that is merely a general strategy. Falling into habitual and situational moves will only hurt you when playing against humans who catch on to predictability.

asob4

Smash Champion
You're strategy fits Olimar to a tee, actually. FBing for damage, grabbing, Uairing, Usmashing for finishing, all good ways to use Olimar's good moves. But as WhoseReality? said, that is merely a general strategy. Falling into habitual and situational moves will only hurt you when playing against humans who catch on to predictability.
all his moves are good >_>
can't think of one bad one

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Stop playing lvl 9s! All you do when you fight computers is develop predictable habits. Human competition is where the real juice of this game is at. Play with friends, learn mindgames and such. If you don't have any friends who are into smash, then go online, just avoid letting the computer determine your style!

As for whether you use oli right, what you have said so far sounds right... but it's not an extensive enough description to get a good answer to that quesiton. Also, needs more d-air

Olimarman

Smash Ace
It seems you have the general gameplay down, but like 100 people already said, don't practice on cpus. Cpus are designed to use every move throughout the match even at bad times. Its a completely different ballgame when you play them. Only humans truly know how to play smash. ;)

asob4

Smash Champion
cpu's also dodge like no human in the world

buuut if you manage to pull something off, not from the predictability, congratz they can't DI out of it :D

Puddin

Smash Lord
CPUs also, at any level, are programmed to think of one thing only and that is to edge hog. Haha, just kidding but being edge hogged by a CPU is embarrassing.

I don't know exactly what your difficulties with Link vs. Reflectors has to do with your Olimar play style but I don't think thats what you posted to ask about. Beating a CPU means absolutely nothing, if there were a Scale of Importance beating a CPU would be somewhere between Luigi and Tails.

You've got the basics, now develop them. Take a look at Echo's guide and familiarize yourself with Olimars play style. BTW Scale of Importance is real, and very important.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing Olimar also Online with some friends and some people I have just added and I was much better with Olimar, I pwned the **** of them. And one Snake I have always had a problem of beating was so ****ing owned, at one point I was in a 2 stock lead! Against a really good Snake!

You all are right about the CPUs but my strategy also worked with real people, but of course they are better then CPUs.

Top Bottom