• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do counters get stale?

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
Okay, so I guess this question applies to more than just Marth, but I usually play as Marth rather than others who can counter so I'm asking here.

Do counters weaken as they are used repeatedly?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I do know that Shulk's does degrade with repeated use (like less of an active window I believe), but I'm not sure about Marth or any of the other characters with counters.

We'll have to count on Shaya, Emblem Lord, or someone else completely to get the data for you. But I'll go out on a limb and say it probably does.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I do know that Shulk's does degrade with repeated use (like less of an active window I believe), but I'm not sure about Marth or any of the other characters with counters.

We'll have to count on Shaya, Emblem Lord, or someone else completely to get the data for you. But I'll go out on a limb and say it probably does.
Theoretically, I would imagine it being the same in Brawl.

I understand the modifier for damage is the same, but maybe the knockback?

Top Bottom