• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do any of you guys use upsmash's sour spot?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I usually use it to catch rolls, as it can lead into Bair and other moves of Pikachu's. How about you guys?

The Real Mr. M

Smash Rookie
I usually don't sour spot it intentionally, but I will combo it into Bair if I do sour spot it within the right percentage. Other than that, I try not to get the sour hit.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I don't deliberately go for Sourspot Up smashes, as the general goal is to get the kill. However, it's quite the saving grace if you happen to miss the sweetspot. I usually just combo with U-air/ B-air or try to follow their fall to set something else up.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I do not try to go for it, but when I nail sourspot it helps lead into up-air strings. It can catch rolls or bad DIs. Sometimes if I hit sour spot I might use it as a chance to reset the neutral if needed.

As they say, "Go with the flow."

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I don't got for it intentionally. However, when I do get it I go for another Up Smash and most of the time it connects...

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I mean I recognize that it's there but I never intentionally go for it. I get it on accident and combo from it when I do, but it doesn't really seem reliable. I feel like short hop Dair is better for catching rolls and spot dodges.

Top Bottom