• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMM is done with modding

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Say, what's this?

It is complete and ready for the public!
where dey at tho?

EDIT: Nvm found it in the OP. Great work!

EDIT EDIT: Also just so you're aware, your CSP seems to be missing his left arm??

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
where dey at tho?

EDIT: Nvm found it in the OP. Great work!

EDIT EDIT: Also just so you're aware, your CSP seems to be missing his left arm??
It's not. Thats how is body is positioned. Take a look at the second preview image and compare it to the CSP and you will see that it is because of the position of his body making the illusion of a missing arm.

In short, it's there, but because of his body you don't see it.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think TheDarkMysteryMan specializes primarily in textures...

By the way, when you're not busy, I also have a few requests. Two are insanely easy, the third is practically impossible! Otherwise, I'd do it myself!

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I think TheDarkMysteryMan specializes primarily in textures...
And right you are! Sorry Luis :(

But don't let it make you feel sad. You can still ask me for a texture of any kind. Hell, I'll even texture custom models if nessecary.

I also have a few requests. Two are insanely easy, the third is practically impossible! Otherwise, I'd do it myself!
Fire away than! I'll take it!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
And right you are! Sorry Luis :(

But don't let it make you feel sad. You can still ask me for a texture of any kind. Hell, I'll even texture custom models if nessecary.

Fire away than! I'll take it!
Turns out my first request (Masked Man skin) has already been done, but my second would be a Pigmask skin for Commander Lucas, I've modeled a coat, I just need it to be textured to look like the same kind of coat:
+

The impossible one would be an Atomic Purple skin for R.O.B:
+

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So I changed the model so that the coat can be 100% accurate; crossing over.
FitPeacot_Wear.png
Would you still want to do this? The grey line would be the end of the coat, the white-ish line would be the new bottom of the coat, and the big grey blots would be the new placement of button's shadows. If I upload it on the vault, you'll DEFINITELY be included as a co-creator. I've included a .zip with the .psd so that the awful painted bits can be removed with a click.
tl;dr: texture the coat into a peacoat.
Again - you don't have to if you don't wish. This is a bit more complex than some of the other bits you've done. At least it is from my perspective, haha.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Yeah im down for this also. I was busy making the ROB model transparent for the Atomic Purple ROB. Though that one will take me time, this ROB one will probably be done before the next Sunday.

I also wanted to ask if anyones know how to make some proper csps. I dont mind photoshopping, but it can become tiresome with recolor packs. Anyone got some tips?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah im down for this also. I was busy making the ROB model transparent for the Atomic Purple ROB. Though that one will take me time, this ROB one will probably be done before the next Sunday.

I also wanted to ask if anyones know how to make some proper csps. I dont mind photoshopping, but it can become tiresome with recolor packs. Anyone got some tips?
Not really, but Nanobuds is doing requests for different characters over on his thread of renders. Sometimes, when I alter colours, I'll overlap two CSP's of the same pose and adjust the transparency:
LfGxJ9v.png + LfGxJ9v.png + GidymmH.png = CFu1HEp.png
It's very handy for accurate CSP work! Luckily, the appearance of the CSP isn't as vital as the actual texture, there are a lot of inconsistencies, Sonic's CSP to his model, for example.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Holy **** i completely forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. So i was able to fix the shadows of the buttons and arrange them to the requested areas. Was that all you wanted from it?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Holy **** i completely forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me. So i was able to fix the shadows of the buttons and arrange them to the requested areas. Was that all you wanted from it?
Well, that too, that was fast! I was hoping that you could extend the edge of the coat to the white area that I marked, as well as the edge of the coat to the dark grey area, so it visually overlaps, and make it all a good Brawl pink. That part's a bit more tricky.
From this texture to this one:
I've already done all the 3D stuffs.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Well, that too, that was fast! I was hoping that you could extend the edge of the coat to the white area that I marked, as well as the edge of the coat to the dark grey area, so it visually overlaps, and make it all a good Brawl pink. That part's a bit more tricky.
From this texture to this one:
I've already done all the 3D stuffs.
Keeping all the refined textures on the suit, this will be no problem. Expect feedback within the morrow. If none, mention me somewhere and remind me.

Starting on it now...here goes...

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Okay then.
Now with this dark grey line, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean to move there. Can you give more details on that dark grey line?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Okay then.
Now with this dark grey line, I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean to move there. Can you give more details on that dark grey line?
That would be the edge of the coat. Commander Lucas' jacket is, by default, straight down the center. This one crosses over, like a peacoat!

Peacoats are beautiful.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I should've made that concept art a long time ago, haha.

By the way, I don't know how much you know about this, but there's a magical place that a lot of Smash modders hang out, called "Discord", Nanobuds, Theytah, and even a few people who don't make any mods, just to provide input are there. Since you're so good at textures, (Blood Hawk and Dark Peach recolours are my favourite) you should check it out: https://discord.gg/0naWDU9QUo8LGkL1

By the way, I've started playing Mr. Game & Watch a while ago in Smash 4, and he is beautiful. His bucket and key are so fun.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I didn't even see your edit...sorry about that. Anyways here's the update (which was alot moredone, but the computer though it would be funny to just ****ing crash while filling in the new width and borders. So i got ya fam.

Also thanks for that link. I'm actually seeing alot of users i haven't seen in awhile.

YeahGAW and watch is alot of fun i agree. Most of the time i do the sacred double bair to ub kill at mid high percents, so there's always that. Don't get me even started on the 9's i always get.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Judge is always too risky for me, but those bairs aree so great. I have a friend who's been playing Samus who can fill bucket in one shot.

Also, that is beautiful.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, i need to wrap it up with thi Thread for now. Im still working on it, but i won't update the progress until it's done. So in the mean time talk to me on the discord and i'll send them over there.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So my little brother was banned apparently for having a similar IP to mines on KCMM, leading to any work of mine and his to a halt...for them.

Well so long for that last bridge not being burned

You see, we still plan to publish what we love without a bunch of ****s running it. So any of my works i publish from here on out will be going to Modulus.net or will be published with direct links.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That's really dumb. It sounds like an automatic system/accident thing, you should try addressing someone about that.
Mama Theytah, aren't you an admin there or something? I dunno if that's exactly your division or not...

Last edited:
Top Bottom