• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Speculation

Will there be DLC?

• Total voters

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
5 extra slots on the roster...some expected newcomers or veterans missing...hype still needing to be built for the Wii U version...

I'm calling it right now. Nintendo held back 5 characters to build up hype for the Wii U release.
It makes perfect sense. Seemingly missing characters, empty roster slots, it all adds up. Here's what I think will happen:

Leading up to the November 21st release, Nintendo's gonna start teasing new characters. They still have more info to share via direct(s), and they could announce 1 or 2 through trailers. Come the release, Nintendo will wait a week or so, then put up the 3DS DLC (to give Wii U owners a reward for playing the console version)

Remember: The Wii U and 3DS were confirmed to have the same roster, but the 3DS roster was never confirmed to be complete at launch.

So, any speculation on what characters would be in this DLC? This is all in theory, but I thought it would be fun to discuss.
I think Ridley and Mewtwo would be pretty likely (Ridley being teased, and Dr. Mario making it in), but who else?

Last edited:

bluetailsfox11

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-4247-8276
I dont think Ridley will make it. Its been hyped up ever since the E3 tease for melee, and it hasnt happened.
Lucas and Mewtwo I think are likely.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
Yeah, I also don't see Ridley, mainly because I think he was being legitimately teased as a stage boss only, even if his lack of a trophy in Smash 3DS is definitely strange.

Mewtwo has been relevant in Pokemon lately, always popular, and was in Melee, so I think there's a lot of reason to suspect Mewtwo will be playable in DLC. Wolf too, especially with the Shigeru Miyamoto Star Fox project being worked on and for the fact that he wasn't super clone-y.

Isaac possibly too? Removing him as an assist trophy for no reason on 3DS when his series was on handheld systems makes no sense if he's not going to be pulling a Little Mac and moving up to playable.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Isaac isn't an assist trophy? *rubs hands together like Birdman* this should be good.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
It would be awesome if Sakurai got the people who make the pokemon anime to make a mewtwo trailer.

Top Bottom