• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
But that's how most character discussion goes.

Roster discussion is the hardest thing to do since no one will be happy
It's harder to control such a thing if everyone's doing it, though. That's why the Ridley mega-thread was closed (in combination with the whole "lol he's a boss u guiz" thing).

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Okay so DLC Support, Savvy Stylist and Ridley and for a third I'm going to say a Miss Madeline from Magical Starsign because I can

:4palutena::4zelda::4wiifit: :4robinf: are who I think need more major buffs
:4darkpit::4lucina:Need Buffs for themselves and only themselves

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool and to a lesser extent, Wolf are the only characters left where I feel like something is missing without them, and once they're announced, I can enjoy anything after that.

Knowing my luck though, they'll be the last characters announced.

In general though, DLC has felt like icing on the cake, in the best way possible.

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh? New Thread? *Follow*

Time to continue with Micaiah Support!

#Micaiah4Smash

Butl I think that K. Rool is the deserved one, the other Top are okay :p .

I also want to see Bandana Dee

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
except me who has been happy with the roster since the little mac reveal. Everything has just been icing on the cake. and it is a LOT of icing since then:awesome:

:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4lucas::4lucina::4mewtwo::4pacman::4robinm:(FREAKING ROBIN):4feroy::4ryu::4shulk:
Palutena for me.

Agreed with everything else~ :3

Palutena for me.

Agreed with everything else~ :3
How the frock did i forhet palutena, my 3rd most wanted pre release :/
Oh? New Thread? *Follow*

Time to continue with Micaiah Support!

#Micaiah4Smash

Butl I think that K. Rool is the deserved one, the other Top are okay :p .

I also want to see Bandana Dee
Oh hey i saw you on the FE reddit with the mary sue thread. Neat.

Playing hyrule warriors really makes me angry smash has no content from it. I dont care what but SOMETHING should be dlc. Alts music stages or even volga as dlc

Or midna because she is so fun in this game

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Wolf and King K. Rool are safe bets and I'm hopeful that they both do appear. One thing I was wondering is if they would do dual trailers with some franchises. For example, Wolf gets confirmed to return, but Krystal comes in the same wave of DLC as him with a new stage tied to her like Ryu had. Also, Dixie Kong could be a semi-clone of Diddy and get announced alongside King K. Rool with a Gangplank Galleon stage.

D

Deleted member

That doesn't help the immigration problem

Welp, time to vote. I'm curious, outside of K.Rool, what DLC newcomer do you lot think will happen? I'm positive about Isaac
Wolf >> King K. Rool > Snake > Isaac/Inklings/Paper Mario > Dixie Kong/Bandanna Dee/Pichu

Only one I am positive about is Wolf (to the point where I am 99% sure he's the next DLC character getting announced) but I am optimistic about King K. Rool. Pichu is subjected to change based off if he's among the Top 5 most wanted in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Wolf >> King K. Rool > Snake > Isaac/Inklings/Paper Mario > Dixie Kong/Bandanna Dee/Pichu

Only one I am positive about is Wolf (to the point where I am 99% sure he's the next DLC character getting announced) but I am optimistic about King K. Rool. Pichu is subjected to change based off if he's among the Top 5 most wanted in Japan.
Do people really want Pichu that much? I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I wouldn't think very many people are very hopeful for its return.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
So does Ninten have a chance .He was supported alright before and Mother 1 being released only helps his chances. He probably won't get in this time around. His Smash 5 chances are promising however. Plus it would be amazing to have all 3 Mother protaginists in the game

So does Ninten have a chance .He was supported alright before and Mother 1 being released only helps his chances. He probably won't get in this time around. His Smash 5 chances are promising however. Plus it would be amazing to have all 3 Mother protaginists in the game
His support was very low pre mother 1 rerelease and from the looks of it it is still very low.

Adding to the fact ness and ninten are extremely visually similar and mother is an extremely small franchise makes it clear little ninten doesnt have the greatest of chances.

D

Deleted member

Do people really want Pichu that much? I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I wouldn't think very many people are very hopeful for its return.
I do know that back in February, PushDustIn looked at some Japanese sites and found that Pichu was highly requested. I'm not sure if that is still the case though so when he does go back to look at it I want to see how well Pichu fares. There's not a lot of Western gamers that want to see Pichu return so seeing how well Pichu does in Japanese support is my last source of hope I have left for Pichu to ever return. If he's not a very highly requested character there I will forever drop any and all hope I have for him (which was never very much).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Built another thread, eh?

Still hanging on for Wolf, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Fiora or Reyn, Xenoblade X character, King K Rool, and Paper Mario.

I'm not saying I expect them in any way, I just hope at least one of them gets in.

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
His support was very low pre mother 1 rerelease and from the looks of it it is still very low.

Adding to the fact Ness and Ninten are extremely visually similar and mother is an extremely small franchise makes it clear little Ninten doesn't have the greatest of chances.
I never said it was amazing. He was above most other obscure characters. And I don't think his game being released worldwide reduced his support . I feel he has a chance at being in smash 5. And he could get a redesign . Look at Pit's Trophy in Melee and appearance in the first 2 KI games compared to his Brawl/Smash 4/ uprising form. the change won't even need to be that major .

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Corrin, Daisy, and Azura(Dropped Shy/Spear Guy).

That's my entrance to this new thread.
I haven't seen any gameplay from Fire Emblem Fates yet, but Corrin is the avatar character, right? If he is, then I'd predict that in Smash 5, he/she would be alt costumes for Robin.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I haven't seen any gameplay from Fire Emblem Fates yet, but Corrin is the avatar character, right? If he is, then I'd predict that in Smash 5, he/she would be alt costumes for Robin.

Corrin is indeed the avatar of Fates, however, he/she is not a Tactician class. Making them an alt of Robin wouldn't really make much sense.

That'd be like making Lyn an alt of Lucina even though Lyn doesn't use a broad sword, but a Katana. Or Hector an alt of Ike, even though Hector uses axes.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Because the old thread eventually devolved into "I want X character in the game!" "No, that's dumb! Y is so much better than X!" "X is more relevant!" "Y has more fans!" "X!" "Y!", ad nauseum.

Plus it was pretty much as off-topic as possible. :p
It's why I gave up with the character thread and caved in the Daisy forums - there wasn't much talk of actual DLC candidates.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So the thread has restarted? I'm cool with that - Props to @BakaCirno to linking that awesome Super Steam Bros video on the previous thread!

And my most wanted ultimate newcomers? Well, having gotten Shulk, Roy and Little Mac at last - my next most wanted are King K. Rool, Isaac and the Inklings. These three are the ones that I unquestionably want to see as DLC.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Corrin is indeed the avatar of Fates, however, he/she is not a Tactician class. Making them an alt of Robin wouldn't really make much sense.

That'd be like making Lyn an alt of Lucina even though Lyn doesn't use a broad sword, but a Katana. Or Hector an alt of Ike, even though Hector uses axes.
See, I really haven't seen anything yet. Lol. Anyways though, I think if there is a lot to differentiate him/her from Robin that it would be cool to see Corrin in Smash 5. I personally think that there are higher priority characters for DLC at this point in time though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Aw, thought it was real for a second...;)
I am not in favor of Corrin/Kamui...I think Tiki fits better as the archetypal half-dragon character, and I prefer Anna before both of them...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh look, a new thread!

As far as another Fire Emblem character...unique stuff is good, but I'd like to see unique stuff from other series. I'm personally of the opinion that most series should only get 1 DLC character, simply to spread the wealth.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Oh look, a new thread!

As far as another Fire Emblem character...unique stuff is good, but I'd like to see unique stuff from other series. I'm personally of the opinion that most series should only get 1 DLC character, simply to spread the wealth.
I agree. However for the potential of a Smash 5 character, the main character of Fates wouldn't be a bad choice. There's still the high possiblility that a future Fire Emblem game releases before the next Smash anyway though, out shining Corrin in terms of relevancy. Since this is a simple monotonous pattern of "last main protagonist of the series," I do hope we end up getting someone like Tiki or Anna as mentioned above.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
We all know who the REAL Newcomer is gonna be

Last edited:

Why the hell would ubisoft ever publish that. Hurray for art making me jealous again

Man we barely stayed on topic

I hope that Wonder Red gets in as DLC.

I know it isn't likely.

But I still hope.
So do we all* brother. . . So do we all.

*not all members of the board want wonder red. Which is a shame.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

i can't

stop

laughing

oh my ****ing god

Why the hell would ubisoft ever publish that. Hurray for art making me jealous again

Man we barely stayed on topic

So do we all* brother. . . So do we all.

*not all members of the board want wonder red. Which is a shame.
I want Wonder Red.

Does that count for something good~? :3

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like playing as heavyweights, especially Super Heavyweights, which I define as 110 or above on the weight ranking scale.

So far the Super Heavyweights are Bowser, DK, King DeDeDe, Charizard, and Ganondorf in this edition.

Bowser Jr. is labeled as 108 (although I thought he was at 110 at one point).

So we may not have had a new Super Heavyweight. King K. Rool can be the DLC Super Heavyweight (maybe even being heavier than Bowser).

The question is: Are there going to be any other possible Super Heavyweights than King K. Rool and how heavy will the King be?

Last edited:
I want Wonder Red.

Does that count for something good~? :3
Of course. So me, you, and edgethelucas.

We just need 98 more. TEAM UNITE UP!

I like playing as heavyweights, especially Super Heavyweights, which I define as 110 or above on the weight ranking scale.

So far the Super Heavyweights are Bowser, DK, King DeDeDe, Charizard, and Ganondorf in this edition.

Bowser Jr. is labeled as 108 (although I thought he was at 110 at one point).

So we may not have had a new Super Heavyweight. King K. Rool can be the DLC Super Heavyweight (maybe even being heavier than Bowser).

The question is: Are there going to be any other possible Super Heavyweights than King K. Rool and how heavy will the King be?
Possible? Plenty like Porky from Earthbound.

Likely? I cant think of a single popular character that could logically be a heavyweight that isnt the king.

Im guessing around bowser weight but maybe a little less.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Wolf, Snake, and K. Rool.

Those are my top 3 for DLC. Anyone else is just icing on the cake.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Snake was a Super Heavyweight in Brawl (113 which is over 110) which was the third heaviest. Heavier than King DeDeDe, Charizard, and Ganondorf.

Do we think he would still be a Super Heavyweight if re-introduced? If he is, will he be heavier than King DeDeDe, Charizard and Ganondorf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom