• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
No matter how you slice it, but I really doubt that a Nintendo Employee would be willing to go that far to talk about leaks, compromising his job JUST to talk about characters from a party-fighting game to the Internet...

:bowser:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, can someone fill me in? Roger is a former Nintendo employee... and what did he say exactly?

:231:
All he said is "that feeling when you stumble across Nintendo news and can't tell anyone about it." Or something on those lines. He later stated the info is supposed to come out within the next week and is some pretty big news, about an 8 or 9 on the hype scale. That's all the said on the matter. He didn't say what it was referring to, and also mocked people when they tried to guess what he found out (namely, someone said he discovered all the ballot characters, to which he replied "wouldn't that be a straight 10 on the hype scale?"

My theory is that he learned there's going to be a Nintendo Direct within the next week, but learning the identity of ONE Smash character is a possibility.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Big and purple...It all makes sense. I know who it is!

His unique ability is to fish. No attacks, just fishes.

If you're lucky, Froggy might appear in his Victory Animation.
But...Ken plays differently from Ryu. Same body type, sure, and also they had the same specials, but the two play pretty differently from each other. There's a reason why the alts were chosen: They fit and played like the character the most. Lucina acted Like Marth for a bit, Dark Pit is a literal clone, and Dr. Mario is basically Mario in a coat. Alph is exactly like Olimar in body structure, and the koopalings pilot the clown car, and aren't the ones moving around.

Ken would be a semi clone of Ryu at best, and wouldn't exactly fit as an alt for Ryu.
Well, if you wanna grasp for straws, Ken was a direct clone of Ryu in Fighting Street(I think). :troll:
But yeah, specials are similar but their normals are different. Semi-Clone material right there.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
All he said is "that feeling when you stumble across Nintendo news and can't tell anyone about it." Or something on those lines. He later stated the info is supposed to come out within the next week and is some pretty big news, about an 8 or 9 on the hype scale. That's all the said on the matter. He didn't say what it was referring to, and also mocked people when they tried to guess what he found out (namely, someone said he discovered all the ballot characters, to which he replied "wouldn't that be a straight 10 on the hype scale?"
I see.

Hm, to be fair, given that every front-runner has his/her share of detractors, being 8-9 on the hype scale can apply to pretty much any Top 10 character, imo. I don't think we can learn much from it.

:231:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I just want to share my thoughts on this:
I think the characters that are possible meant by stealth are: Inklings, B Dee, Dixie, Isaac, K Rool or an additional Zelda character.
Isaac K Rool and Zelda character are the most unlikely in this case though

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It kind of looks like Protoman.
But it doesn't play like him.

I know Mii costumes probably cost next to nothing to make and are easy to do, but how cool would it be to get Alph-esque alts as DLC? Stuff like Mr. L, Dry Bowser, Funky Kong or Blood Falcon would be cosmetic stuff I'd actually want to buy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I know Mii costumes probably cost next to nothing to make and are easy to do, but how cool would it be to get Alph-esque alts as DLC? Stuff like Mr. L, Dry Bowser, Funky Kong or Blood Falcon would be cosmetic stuff I'd actually want to buy.
I actually like the Mii costumes.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Oh, I think a lot of people would definitely pay for non-Mii character costumes; there's a whole thread of suggestions.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A proper Dark Bowser alt would also be dandy alongside a Dry Bowser alt.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I still don't know why they kept that green and brown "thing" and got rid of the black and white skin.
I think you mean
"I still don't know why they kept that color pallete based on one of Mario's instead of THE ONE BASED ON HIS ORIGINAL WARIO LAND DESIGN."

Seriously, between the loss of the Shoulder Ram f-smash and that color, there's a TRACE of the Pre-WarioWare Wario still there (y'know, when he was the #3 most requested character for Melee).

Edit: Sorry if I sound bitter, but I want a Wario more influenced by his actual leading games in which he's the protagonist and the option to play ANY form of Ganondorf besides Grampadorf from TP. Give me OoT/HW skin for TCFD and I'd love it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

My theory is that he learned there's going to be a Nintendo Direct within the next week, but learning the identity of ONE Smash character is a possibility.
I believe Roger said it was going to be a couple of weeks. Meaning we won't hear about the news until the 21st most likely.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Why the 21st?
Don't Nintendo Directs come on Tuesdays? (October 13th, 20th, 27th for this month).
It's Wednesdays usually. The 4/1 Direct and the other 2 ones before it were on a Wednesday.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I would doubt it is something Smash related.

BIG Nintendo news goes beyond just smash. >_>

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
From what I've found, Stealth is a GameFAQs troll. Not what I would call credible...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>people believing leaks even though there's no proof
>leak is text (easy to make), put on twitter (easy to spread) and targeted at Smash fans (easy to fool).

Not believing this one until I get actual visual evidence. The ESRB leak should have taught us something...and not something about Little Mac.

Burruni

Smash Hero
>people believing leaks even though there's no proof
>leak is text (easy to make), put on twitter (easy to spread) and targeted at Smash fans (easy to fool).

Not believing this one until I get actual visual evidence. The ESRB leak should have taught us something...and not something about Little Mac.
Omni should've taught a lot, too.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I think at this point people are talking about it for discussions sake.

There are probably a few people who flat out believe him, but I think it's mostly:

"If what he is saying is to be believed, who do you think he is talking about?"

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm taking this leak like every other leak: Fake until proven otherwise. Unless somehow there's more to it than just baseless hype behind a curtain, I don't see a reason to consider it legitimate.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just want to share my thoughts on this:
I think the characters that are possible meant by stealth are: Inklings, B Dee, Dixie, Isaac, K Rool or an additional Zelda character.
Isaac K Rool and Zelda character are the most unlikely in this case though
Just curious, why are two of the three front-runners the most unlikely in the case where he stated that the character was popular, expected, and justified?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think at this point people are talking about it for discussions sake.

There are probably a few people who flat out believe him, but I think it's mostly:

"If what he is saying is to be believed, who do you think he is talking about?"
Even just a mirage of a watery oasis, is satisfying in this drought.

Morbi

Scavenger
Even just a mirage of a watery oasis, is satisfying in this drought.
Honestly; the Mario Maker stage, Mii Costumes, and Balance Patches temporarily took me out of drought mode. I can easily wait two weeks for a character related announcement.

To me, the potential characters are extremely obvious. So, there is really nothing exciting lingering around the corner for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom