• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dk's Up B

ShootFrank

Smash Rookie
does anyone know exactly where dk's sweet spot is on the up b? i think i found one when the opponent is right behind you and somewhere when they are above you, although im not sure. as an attack, his up b is the best in the game imo, as a recover well, its limited but gives dk nice horizontal recover for someone as slow an big as dk.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When he brings his arm up to start the Up-B... his elbow and if you're like inside your opponent when they're in front of you. A little bit behind you, too. You get a feel for it if you use it enough.

ShootFrank

Smash Rookie
i was playing some friends today and i noticed i couldnt get alot of sweetspotted up b's because of lack of opportunity. i didnt know when to pull one off and usually when i tried i would get hit because of the start up lag. when is the BEST time to use up-b and get it sweetspotted? i know on fountain of dreams its cake when you are below the sinking platform and you use it when they are right above you when the platform is lowered. but what about on stages like FD, battlefield and dreamland?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yoshi's Story & I think Stadium you can B-Up them from below... but otherwise you're best using it as a surprise attack (I've seen it used out of shield while someone was recovering before to KO them). If Falco is pillaring you when you have a shield up, B-up.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I believe you have invincibility frames on it, so if someone tries to approach you from above or otherwise get over you, smack 'em with it.

Alternately, you could use the same sweetspot in the air. Less knockback, though.

Dair sets it up decently too, depending on the character.

Top Bottom