• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's Up+B L-cancel

jdmelody

Smash Apprentice
Alright straight to the point. I am now using DK because I am bored with high-tier. But I have been using is up+b as a primary move for edgeguarding and other tricks. But I was using up+b and..i have had better chances with it..i don't know the exact timing or anything, but i do my up+b and then right as im hitting the edge of a platform i press L and it decreases the lag. It also works on flat ground. What I think I am doing is like wavelanding or air dodge close to the ground right after the up+B somehow...it's confusing but...anyone done it before?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
You're not L-Canceling. You're most likely Edge Canceling.
Either that or your eyes are playing tricks on you.

takieddine

Smash Master
Try doing it with falco's side B on battlefield by using your doublejump from the ledge and DI'ing behind you and side-b.

it will go the perfect length and be edge canceled, leaving you with no lag.

thats ledge cancelling. It works for all aerials. look up phanna's video on it.

Top Bottom