• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dk's meteor smashes

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
First off I have a question: Why does donkey kong body parts get so big when he does meteor smash?

Also just in general what do you think of his meteor smashes and some of his special moves?

I'm a dk main and i like his moves that they staid the same but what do you guys think.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Actually I disagree. DK's moveset has changed a bit, just more subtle than most, as Kyle's thread proves fairly well http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141591
Having not played DK yet, I can't give an accurate in game assessment. However, I think he's looking pretty good, and far improved from his Melee counterpart. I feel he'll likely be one of the most underestimated characters in the game, which I suppose suits him well. Any of the more frequented threads in this far region of the forum I think will grant evidence to this.

As for the enlarging body parts... probably for effect. It just looks more awesome for his Clownair (aka Fair) to get really big on impact. Afterall, Sakurai did want to emphasize movement. Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom