• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK's insane Down B

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
I saw the video on the first page. That's crazy how Meta Knight's percentage went up by 112%. It was 82% then it went up to 194%. But Meta Knight was probably crouching. DK probably got buffed for Brawl.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol is it just me or when DK charged his Fsmash...it kind of sounded like a gun was cocked back? lol that's pretty cool.

products

Smash Rookie
DK was actually a beast in 64. His UP-B was amazing and he had an infinite throw trap.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
He already has his down air and forward air for that :p

I don't think he needs it to be useful in the air...so yeah

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Now that we know crouch canceling isn't in, is Dk's down B really that beastly?
Well, at the time the video was made either crouch canceling was in, or it was that good, but as of the JP console version it's not THAT good. Although, I will say, the new properties are just what it needed, the hit box is much bigger and goes vertical too, so using it on angled platforms will still hit your surroundings/victim. The startup is MUCH faster, he recovers MUCH faster, so much that it can be used as effective oki and to punish spot dodges & Rolls. It will generally do 15% and give a SHORT launch, it way be possible to combo fast fallers from there, this still needs testing. I can compare the range and speed to his Ftilt if that helps everyone understand.

Kyle

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
fast fallers?

I thought everyone fell at the same speed now
You could very well be right, as I haven't had the pleasure of 1v1 against any landmasters. I just assumed.... yeah, that means I made an ASSofUandME. That is disappointing as I was pleased with the plethora of StarFox reps because there would be more Character specific combo-able people., Additionally, DK now loses his biggest stage advantage on Jungle Japes. As soon as a heavy fell from the side, claptrap and water killed them HARD.

Gea

Smash Master
Actually Marth falls *fairly* quickly now in comparison to other characters, and I think Ganon and Falcon seem to as well...

Stevo

Smash Champion
im pretty sure the damage that racked up there was just due to the same glitch as the falco laser . Metaknight was JUST above the ground (since he was up-Bing). Kind of like when you miss the tech and bounce off the ground a little, which sets up for the falco laser infinite. I do not have brawl to test this tho. This seems like the most logical conclusion to me, other than crouch cancelling was in the demo.

Edit: and if that is true and it can be set up the same way as the falco infinite., but not knock them accross the stage.... DK top tier anyone?

But seriously.... as much as I love DK, I hope this is not the case, since that would be broken

Stevo

Smash Champion
Anyone on DK boards have brawl to test this theory?

just knock someone into the air and try and time it so you hit them with your down-b just as they land.

BANANA SLAMMA!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In this video, DK is doing the Down B which knocks Metaknight upwards as the stage was also moving upwards. So it kept him in the down B.

Xervah

Smash Cadet
This needs to be tested because it could finally bring DK out of the smash slums for the first time. Who would have expected DK to be a high tier character, it would be hilarious. Too bad DK is not popular at all, I have only seen him in two 1v1 videos.

Stevo

Smash Champion
In this video, DK is doing the Down B which knocks Metaknight upwards as the stage was also moving upwards. So it kept him in the down B.
Actually, that is probably right. Although, I am not fully convinced.

the stage stops moving upwards and metaknight is still stuck in it untill DK is hit. (its really hard to tell tho)

Top Bottom