• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK strat I use

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if anyone has tried this before but I found this out to be so good. Near ledge, grab --> carry, fall off ledge and back throw. Opponent bounces off of stage and KOs if you do it right while DK still has a jump and up+b's back to stage. Seems so broken, don't know if person can tech it yet because no one has been able to so far that I've played but maybe there is a certain timing. Anyways tell me what you think.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Yep, there’s already been some discussion on this. It really is useful, huh? :)

(Well, I can’t try it for myself until the PAL release, heh.)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
In regards to both discussions, it is very important to know that if you hesitate once you're off the ledge, and your opponent escapes from your cargo, they may accidentally footstool you when they doublejump to recover. This can really **** you up. Basically, you do not want them to break loose because if you are both in the same general area, whoever jumps first gets the footstool spike, and the odds are that your opponent is mashing jump buttons like crazy. So I think its safe to say to always throw them and never simply wait for them to break out of the grab.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well, thats not exactly what i said! ^^;

i love killing people with the stage spike... its just that I would never jump off and just hold them - always throw them! XD

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
i use this alot, the only characters who can sometimes get out of it are pit and maybe king dedede because of their recovery, lylat cruise=best stage for this with final destination being second.
completely underrated, every good dk player should use this, and no, if the player breaks free when youre off the edge you can still jump back and recover.
50%-60% is the lowest you should attempt it at

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
A guy came up with that and used it on me, killed me the first time, I teched it the second time. It's a broken move if they get it off on you, but if you're good at teching, no big!

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Yeah ive only used this a few times, but its so cool when you pull it off. The first time it was used on me i was so shocked.
Anyway i find you should only try this on FD and lylat, it doesnt work very well on most other stages

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
Likewise, I just had a 4-stock game where every single kill was a stagespike on bf.... hahaha

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
BF....
Boyfriend?

LOL I know it's battle field.
J/K, Glad to see you around here Tx3Fate. =)

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
Stagespiking off of other people's boyfriends is pro... Its so technical I think i'm playing melee sometimes! :p

Top Bottom