• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Special

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I was thinking that DK Super Smash should be something with his drums.

SUPER SMASH DK BLAST- Donkey Kong takes out a pair of drums and starts making sound and music. Anyone in range will get hit by his shockwave going around him doing 35-50% damage.

Or this One.

SUPER SMASH BARREL ROLL- Donkey Kong takes out titanium Barrels and roll them and does 35-50%

Add other DK specials if if you don't like mine. But I think the drums fits with him on the account he has had a few games featruing his drums.

Sorry if this has already made Mods.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meh Im not a big fan of Donkey Konga. I think they could make some sorta bigger punch then the Gaint Punch already is. Like a full charged Gaint Punch 3 times in a row. DK would first hit the opponent slightly downward, then upward and then a normal Gaint Punch.

But anything with barrels works fine with me!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Meh Im not a big fan of Donkey Konga. I think they could make some sorta bigger punch then the Gaint Punch already is. Like a full charged Gaint Punch 3 times in a row. DK would first hit the opponent slightly downward, then upward and then a normal Gaint Punch.

Neither am I but, it's just that doing three gaaint punches isn't that creative and would be better if he did the rapid fire from Jungle Beat. I think the kongas work better because it's a long ranged attack and fits in with DK.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Good suggestion incorporating the Jungle Beat gameplay. Anybody new to Smash but who are good button mashers will probably find DK an ideal choice for rookies.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace

I don't think him using the drums would be a reference to Konga so much as a nod to DK64 and the fact that he was deprived of his own adventure title on the Cube.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well I don't want anything from Jungle Beat or Konga because I actually like the DK series and DK so how about something like Funky flies in on his barrel plane and tosses stuff down on opponents or a swarm of banana birds and fairies engulf the field, something like that.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
I thuink it should be something from Dk 64. His drums would be good. DK 64 was the latest true Dk. Konga was terible. Dk is a great franchise and it needs something along the line of Dk64. That game was awsome its a shame Rare its ownded by microsoft. They seem to be the only guys who can make DK. C'mon Microsoft........ you don't need Rare.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I thuink it should be something from Dk 64. His drums would be good. DK 64 was the latest true Dk. Konga was terible. Dk is a great franchise and it needs something along the line of Dk64. That game was awsome its a shame Rare its ownded by microsoft. They seem to be the only guys who can make DK. C'mon Microsoft........ you don't need Rare.
Calm down gentlemen, for the good Zombie giveth and the good Zombie taketh away.
BEHOLD, DONKEY KONG WII!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/donkeykong/index.html

No seriusly, DK isn't owned by Rare, it's owned by Nintendo, Rare just produced the games. That's why the last 4 or 5 DK games were Nintendo and Nintendo only, occasionaly with Namco producing.

I bet Xian gets a kick outta this.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Nintendo and Namco suck at making DK games, Paon is good though they made King of Swing
err, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Donkey Kong 3 were all made soely by Nintendo. So if you think those suck you need to go take a nap, then find an NES for sale somewhere near you and lock yourself in a room with at LEAST DK Jr. for the next 3 weeks.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
err, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Donkey Kong 3 were all made soely by Nintendo. So if you think those suck you need to go take a nap, then find an NES for sale somewhere near you and lock yourself in a room with at LEAST DK Jr. for the next 3 weeks.
Those arn't DK games and they arn't Mario games either they're neutral games

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo and Namco suck at making DK games, Paon is good though they made King of Swing
Yeah, it isn't like Nintendo are the creators of DK or anything. Sheesh, use your brain a little; if the DK arcades weren't good, they wouldn't of been popular, and if they werent popular, then Nintendo wouldn't of gotten Rare to make Donkey Kong Country.

I really don't see why it's so hard for most people to be a big fan of BOTH the Arcade and Country carnations of Donkey Kong. Well, I think more highly of the DKC's, but I'm not going to deny the arcade's legendary-ness.

Anyway, yeah, the most logical thing for DK to use is bongoes. It represents DK64 and it represents his more recent games with Konga and Jungle Beat.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
NO that was Cranky Kong.
... What's your point? They still created the franchise. Ask most people, even DKC fans, and they won't tell you that Rare made Donkey Kong simply because it was retconned that the DK in the arcade games was infact Cranky Kong.

Feral Evanescence

Smash Rookie
Maybe...but I don't know. Those ideas of yours (the thread maker) sound all fine and dandy, but chances are that Nintendo will come up with something "better"....whatever that means. :psycho:

But if not.....I'm hoping you can summon the Bananas in Pajamas! :laugh:

They pwn >_> . . . IMO

xianfeng

Smash Hero
i think he had a bird helper as well? *imagines pikchus eyes getting clawed out*:laugh:
Squawks? There is also Ellie the elephant, Glimmer the anglerfish, Glower the fish, Clapper the seal, Expresso the Ostrich, Winky the Frog, Squitter the spider, Rattly the Snake, Parry the bird (a useless squawks), Enguarde the swordfish and Troff and Scoff the Elephant and Hippoptamus (Sorta) and then there are some crappy Jungle Beat ones Hoofer the rambi replacing Wildebeest, Orco the copy of Enguarde Killer Whale, Helibird the Squawks filler bird and Flurl the Squirrell but they suck so they don't count.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Squawks? There is also Ellie the elephant, Glimmer the anglerfish, Glower the fish, Clapper the seal, Expresso the Ostrich, Winky the Frog, Squitter the spider, Rattly the Snake, Parry the bird (a useless squawks), Enguarde the swordfish and Troff and Scoff the Elephant and Hippoptamus (Sorta) and then there are some crappy Jungle Beat ones Hoofer the rambi replacing Wildebeest, Orco the copy of Enguarde Killer Whale, Helibird the Squawks filler bird and Flurl the Squirrell but they suck so they don't count.
Jungle Beat was a lot of fun and you know it.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Getting back on topic and away from xianfeng's self-righteous Donkey Kong/Rare whining...

I think that the most obvious Super Smash for Donkey would be for him to throw tons of Barrels at the other players, ala 'Donkey Kong'. Done correctly, it could be both funny and effective.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I think that the most obvious Super Smash for Donkey would be for him to throw tons of Barrels at the other players, ala 'Donkey Kong'. Done correctly, it could be both funny and effective.
But current DK never did that as stated by Rare and even Nintendo on several occasions Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong. Unless they include something about how he was taking tips from his dear old dad cranky or something like that in his trophy I don't want it.

Jungle Beat was a lot of fun and you know it.
For two levels and then it got repetitive. Jungle Beat **** all over the DK series and you know it.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
But current DK never did that as stated by Rare and even Nintendo on several occasions Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong. Unless they include something about how he was taking tips from his dear old dad cranky or something like that in his trophy I don't want it.

For two levels and then it got repetitive. Jungle Beat **** all over the DK series and you know it.
Listen little buddy, there will come a time when you will realize games for what they really are: a form of entertainment. It doesn't have to be super long or deep to be fun. I loved that game. It didn't **** all over anything, you probably just sucked at it and gave up. One more thing, and I know some of the guys on here will agree with me. Most girls (the cute ones anyway) don't like to play games (bare with me people) games like Jungle Beat, and Katamari Damacy, and Mario galaxy (hell the Wii in general) are great ways to get that special lady friend involved in your favorite passtime. My gf LOVES Jungle Beat, and I personally cherish titles like this because of the innovation and interactivity, it gets people that wouldn't normally play games involved.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I finished the game in like 6 hours maybe 7 tops it was easy and boring. The entertainment lasted for a very short time so I got too take time to notice the graphics were nice, DK was ugly, the Animal Buddies were rip offs, the music wasn't as good as DKC and it was over all a generic platformer.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I finished the game in like 6 hours maybe 7 tops it was easy and boring. The entertainment lasted for a very short time so I got too take time to notice the graphics were nice, DK was ugly, the Animal Buddies were rip offs, the music wasn't as good as DKC and it was over all a generic platformer.
How in the hell was it generic?! YOU USED ****ING BONGOS! The gameplay was intuitive to say the least, it was a blast!

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I would've appreciated Jungle Beat would've been better if it had been three times as long, and had more bosses. I got over the whole 'THERE'S NO DKC CHARACTERS RAGH!!!!1111' after playing it (though I'm still annoyed that there weren't any in it), but I still feel that it could've been better. Though it better polished then Sunshine by a longshot, and the music was far more suited to the DKC's then DK64's soundtrack was.

I give it a 78.98098309284 out of 100.

The bongoes are more accurate to the DKC Donkey Kong, but this idea could work. Though it'd be cooler if he climbed to the top of the stage and little rails came out while he throw's his barrels. Some could be TNT barrels or something to work in the DKC franchise as well.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
no, Jungle Beat and Konga sucked really badly do we need a constant reminder of those flops? It's like Nintendo flaunting around the gamecube like it was better than the N64 or SNES.

Top Bottom