• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK smash 4 info!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
So some of your earlier information was incorrect because you were burying people with headbutt and then trying to kill them?

Shame there's a handicap for buried opponents.

And giant punch is strongest at 10 winds, eh? Guess I better keep count so I don't over charge it!
no, everything i said still stands. just sometimes knockback was SUPER weird by the games own standards and now i know why

emp, not at all, lol

much easier to mash out of the headbutt. half the time people get out at 100 and my mega punch, which i do immediately of course, misses because people got out. not exactly easy to mash 3ds buttons, lol..

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
after playing almost 400 online games ill give my thoughts

-the only buffs dk got were down b being faster and grounded up b being better. thats it
-everything else is a trade off, speed for less power and range, most notably fair and dair
-in some cases, there is flat out nerfs with no benefits whatsoever which for the life of me i cannot comprehend why DK would be nerfed. fsmash gap, downsmash hitbox, headbutt reducing knockback by 50%, punch taking an extra charge, cargo downthrow change
-its impossible to triple jump onto the stage without lag. the "perfect landing" still has lag thats easily punished
-his big frame does not come with the benefits they used to. his grab range isnt very impressive, and eveyone lives long anyway. so his weight doesnt seem as prominent. he constantly gets hit from jabs when the opponent is jabbing in the opposite direction
- i still cant believe they changed aerial cargo downthrow from the e3 demo to what it is now, lol, its so god damn lazy. they mustve thought it was too good (it sent them complelely downwards), so they changed the trajectory to horizonal.. but they didnt bother to change the animation. dk stil throws them down but they just go to the right or left.. looks stupid
-recovery is ass compared to half of the wall jumping/clinging cast. really pisses me off that mac who is supposed to be a jabroni in the air can jump off walls, but the king of the jungle cannot
- sdi nerfs hurts DK. all those characters with multi hit moves, yoshi bair dair, samus uair, etc all rack up damage big time now if you dont get out

what makes it worse, too many guys have too many things going for them. range, speed, power, superarmor, invincibility frames, small hurtboxes, projecticles... when i play robins, macs, zss and pits girlfriend i feel outclassed. mac literally has all of those except projectiles. and when he runs (and hes almost as fast as sonic btw) his hurtbox is smaller than olimar. and then he has a near 1 hit ko move. pits girlriend has insane range, very high run speed idk why, her fsmash for some reason is almost as strong as DKs, but is disjointed and even has a wind effect lol. robin literally has everything. counter moves are the most reliable way to kill now and that really sucks, too

dk will probably end up at the bottom of middle tier/top of low tier

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You can continue this discussion in either of stickied threads.

Also, please don't post so many times in a row. Use the edit button to add more to your last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom