• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Perfect Waveland?

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
I see lists of characters that can do perfect wavelands and DK is not on there. Is this true or did nobody try it with DK? I'm at work so I can't lab it yet.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Even if you could it would be extremely hard.

DK has a fixed ECB or it often doesn't behave like most of the cast, so he doesn't benefit from fast animation changes from any air state to air dodge (this is what makes his ledge and edge stuff wonky too).

Ganon is on the opposite side of the spectrum, his perfect Waveland is so damn easy from any state or height in the air (FF or not) to the ground or platform. This is because from almost any state in the air his ECB shifts down dramatically when air dodge is initiated.

Last edited:

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I've noticed it is pretty strange to waveland as DK. You have to have like 90% of your body above the platform to do it. Thanks for the response.

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Yea it's a bummer, if his bad ECB and his slow turn animation weren't a thing I'd play DK a lot more.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Yea it's a bummer, if his bad ECB and his slow turn animation(?!?) weren't a thing I'd play DK a lot more.
i don't see the need to ever turn around. you turn around once when the match starts and become an unflappable, unidirectional wall of bairs. I'm more comfortable bairing left to right, because it facilitates movement reads because that's the way i read books and such in real life. so i always make sure to manipulate port priority to end up on the left side of the stage at start. stay woke.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Can you link me the list? I'm curious to see which characters can do it. I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff can't do it too.

Top Bottom