• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dk ***** jigglypuff

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I never said DK ***** puff though, I said the matchup is quite even, that's all. I play with a jigglypuff player on a regular basis, and I do land the up throw up air combo. About down throw, if they don't land on the ground after it, it's because they DI toward you, which means you can actually chain throw or link with an aerial.

DK has plenty of moves to deal with jigglypuff aerials, namely back air, up air and up b.
I wasn't saying you said dk *****, i was just clarifying for the others. And if jigglypuff influences up and away, she won't hit the ground at damages past about 30. And unless you have a platform to go off of, u throw to u air won't work at higher damages. She goes too high and recovers too quickly. She can just jump too high for you to reach.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I wasn't saying you said dk *****, i was just clarifying for the others. And if jigglypuff influences up and away, she won't hit the ground at damages past about 30. And unless you have a platform to go off of, u throw to u air won't work at higher damages. She goes too high and recovers too quickly. She can just jump too high for you to reach.
You're wrong. Test it, time your jumps, the combo works and you can kill with it on most stages.

Sliq

Smash Master
DK can kill Jiggs with up throw up air. Jiggs' can not get away from it.

I don't see how edgeguarding DK is easy. Most of the time they just up b over you, and then land with no lag.

Just listen to pkmvodka. Considering how well he placed at OC3, I think he knows what he is talking about.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Are we talking about a ground throw or a jump throw to up air? I haven't actually done this matchup in years.

Sliq

Smash Master
Are we talking about a ground throw or a jump throw to up air? I haven't actually done this matchup in years.
I think we are talking about cargo up throw, double jump up air. Which does work.

Edit: left out some words. -_-;

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Why are you still discussing sirs .
King said it all ...
While I am partial to agree with what King said, and I'm pretty sure I posted on this, I do think that this match is not a WIN for either character. I do play as DK and against every now and then and its not a cake walk for either character. I DO believe however, this match at least, is won not just by grabs, combos and rest but it is ALL about spacing and correct move choices with the rightly timed mind games. Can we bury this hatchet?

Top Bottom