• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK is a garbage low-mid/low tier

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Unlike in Smash 4, Smash Ultimate brings in more competitive players, so it's hard for me to enjoy this game when some tryhard comes by, especially with the lack of a "For Fun" mode. Hence, I feel like I have no choice but to train.
Imagine calling someone a tryhard when you act like THE GamerZard

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Unlike in Smash 4, Smash Ultimate brings in more competitive players, so it's hard for me to enjoy this game when some tryhard comes by, especially with the lack of a "For Fun" mode. Hence, I feel like I have no choice but to train.
You know you can just make a battle arena with For Fun-type settings, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find like-minded people in a rankless mode.

D

Deleted member

You know you can just make a battle arena with For Fun-type settings, right? Shouldn't be too hard to find like-minded people in a rankless mode.
With a chance that some punk who wins is secretly bullying me about their win and I can't even tell? And I bet no Discord server is dedicated to this unpopular style of Smash.
Imagine calling someone a tryhard when you act like THE GamerZard
Uh, you have to body consistently to be a tryhard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With a chance that some punk who wins is secretly bullying me about their win and I can't even tell? And I bet no Discord server is dedicated to this unpopular style of Smash.

If you're this insecure and assume every opponent you could possibly have is making fun of you behind your back then honestly, fighting games aren't for you, you're gonna need to completely change your mentality in basically everything as seen by how you get upset about your main being a victim in a combo video or just quit entirely

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Uhhh no. Youre a try hard when...you try hard

Ive played plenty of people who bodied me and they didnt give a fuuuuuck. Simply because they were that good. Stop being a GamerZard where you put your own dumb definitions on things.

D

Deleted member

Uhhh no. Youre a try hard when...you try hard

Ive played plenty of people who bodied me and they didnt give a fuuuuuck. Simply because they were that good. Stop being a GamerZard where you put your own dumb definitions on things.
Why are you using me as an example of what not to be? What happened to Low Tier God?

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
DK's can be nasty but any big body character is gonna end up getting comboed to death and not be able to do a damn thing about it
They're fun as hell to play against. It's like I hit them a million times but they hit you once and ya done

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
DK's a polarizing character.

Sometimes, he dominates the opponent.

Sometimes, he loses miserably.

Then again, I think a lot of DK fans like that feel the character gives. Makes him explosive and dynamic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lack of options to get his grab going weakens DK compared to earlier iterations of him in Smash. He lacks grab range and shield grab shenanigans to really get things started like he used to in Smash 4. Also, his disadvantage state is worse than ever.

Top Bottom