• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Improvements *Updated*

iron blade

Smash Ace
Can you get the giant punch charge knocked out of you in Brawl? I was always irritated in melee because I'd charge it all the way only to get hit and lose it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Can you get the giant punch charge knocked out of you in Brawl? I was always irritated in melee because I'd charge it all the way only to get hit and lose it.
Well, they fixed this in the PAL version... so I guess it won't be in Brawl.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
His forward B looks like it will be a HUGE factor in DK gameplay now. So far I think it is being overlooked. After all, we aren't used to the idea of having a functional sideB for DK.

In the air, there is almost no lag after it and it also gives DK some good distance (about a melee air dodge) so it can be usefull for approaching and recovery. And getting one big hit out of it is a good buff, he may be the only character that can consistantly get fully charged smashes off haha.
And with its new speed, and of course the meteor, this is looking REALLy gooood.

Banned via Administration
Actually, DK was always secretly good. In SSB64 he had an infinite grab. DK's Up+B was also deadly in both games and he has always had range over most characters. Even in SSBM he could take out half of the hightiers. DK actually counters fox. :laugh:
in 64, actually, it wasnt infinite at all it can be stopped if the player just waits or knows what hes doing. and dk was one of the worst in the game.

in melee he does not counter fox.

you are very ignorant, except for the upb being good in both games.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
in 64, actually, it wasnt infinite at all it can be stopped if the player just waits or knows what hes doing. and dk was one of the worst in the game.

in melee he does not counter fox.

you are very ignorant, except for the upb being good in both games.
Ignore this jackoff. He's a basement dwelling scrub that actually thinks he's a legit smasher. Here's the proof...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvm-_HGSQPo...read the first comment if you think I'm making this stuff up. Go get yourself banned again, asscake.

His forward B looks like it will be a HUGE factor in DK gameplay now. So far I think it is being overlooked. After all, we aren't used to the idea of having a functional sideB for DK.

In the air, there is almost no lag after it and it also gives DK some good distance (about a melee air dodge) so it can be usefull for approaching and recovery. And getting one big hit out of it is a good buff, he may be the only character that can consistantly get fully charged smashes off haha.
And with its new speed, and of course the meteor, this is looking REALLy gooood.
Yeah these things look very promising. No way I'm giving up my DK now. Dammit, Dynamism, make a video or something. (so says the P2W member with the highest post count)

Banned via Administration
Ignore this jackoff. He's a basement dwelling scrub that actually thinks he's a legit smasher. Here's the proof...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvm-_HGSQPo...read the first comment if you think I'm making this stuff up. Go get yourself banned again, asscake.
HAHAHAH are you ****ing serious? ya you know absolutely nothing about the game NOR the community so plz go back to your mom's house where she will serve you banana bread as you finger your own butthole.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
hey, dolla billz dont lie *****, 5150 is right about everything said here, and id like to see you do better vs a player as good as tink in as bad a matchup as dk vs bowser.

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHAH are you ****ing serious? ya you know absolutely nothing about the game NOR the community so plz go back to your mom's house where she will serve you banana bread as you finger your own butthole.
Yeah, for me to know stuff about the smash community I have to troll threads, call people scrubs without even knowing the definition, and claim my Bowser is better than Gimpyfish's...nice try, tough guy, but you still lose. Obviously, I know more about the smash community than you if you're unaware that they all think you're a joke and a poser whose cocky for no reason and trolls just for the sake of trolling. The YouTube comments are ALL proof of that, so try and make more **** up...I DARE you. You better not waste your time responding to this, kid, I think you're two dads maybe calling you for a game of pocket pool.

hey, dolla billz dont lie *****, 5150 is right about everything said here, and id like to see you do better vs a player as good as tink in as bad a matchup as dk vs bowser. *pathetic cheerleading*
I didn't say he wasn't right about the DK stuff...that's all common sense. I said he's just an assmouth that has no place here, there's a difference. And no I didn't say anything about the match either, smart guy so pay attention. I referred o the commentary about him NOT the match itself (despite the fact that his Bowser attack were very predictable for me, but that's probably because I'm a DK main myself and I know the match-up is bad). And no, I'm not going to make a claim that I can beat Tink. I already know how good he is and unlike some people, I DON'T guarantee a win. I play that match humbly and confidently and let someone as ignorant as you underestimate me. That way if I lose, you get your retardedly childish amusement and I shake it off like it's nothing. But if I win, you end up with your foot in your ****ing mouth. And I STILL shakes it off like it's nothing.

Anyways, on topic:
@nuro
DK is not a counter to a fast-faller just because he can combo them. Like 40% of the melee roster can combo fast-faller well...including the fast-fallers themselves. Like how I DIDN'T call you "ignorant"?

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to overlook the fact that you post like a complete idiot. But yeah shield up+B are a good against taller opponents or while you've just shielding a short hopped attack. But yeah this really is't the place to discuss Melee. I'm more interested in whether DK's running A attack is no longer as gay as it has been in the last two Smashes.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Yeah these things look very promising. No way I'm giving up my DK now. Dammit, Dynamism, make a video or something. (so says the P2W member with the highest post count)
You have the highest post count on P2W? Wow!
haha, yeah I know, I know. I've been nagged for years by a mass amount of smashers to post a vid of myself. Maybe one day. There was one time where somebody filmed me but the battle cut out half way through so they didn't bother with it. I later found out that the person I fought was Forward and that's why someone had a camera. I won that battle too :urg: haha. He was Falco, I was YLink. Figure that one out! It would've been one of those shocking ones like "I didn't know YLink could do that?!?!" Sometime down the road, now that Brawl is onlline and stores footage of battles...I'll either battle you or show you. Probably battle, it's more meaningful ;)

im big on tha upB outta a shield mayn, dat shiz wurks everytime homie
My thing is dittos and something that DK players don't do enough against big people/DKs...is just that.
I admit I screw myself over sometimes cause I probably UpB too much :laugh: But that's why DK dittos are one of my worst dittos :ohwell:

I'm going to overlook the fact that you post like a complete idiot. But yeah shield up+B are a good against taller opponents or while you've just shielding a short hopped attack. But yeah this really is't the place to discuss Melee. I'm more interested in whether DK's running A attack is no longer as gay as it has been in the last two Smashes.
K sying idot lke that kinda harsh! haha

Running A is gay...epiphany haha
Yeah that move needs some lag healing. Like really! He runs, sticks his foot out, slides, puts his foot down. Yet it has more lag than his fore-mentioned UpB!?!?! Like, seriously!

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, for me to know stuff about the smash community I have to troll threads, call people scrubs without even knowing the definition, and claim my Bowser is better than Gimpyfish's...nice try, tough guy, but you still lose. Obviously, I know more about the smash community than you if you're unaware that they all think you're a joke and a poser whose cocky for no reason and trolls just for the sake of trolling. The YouTube comments are ALL proof of that, so try and make more **** up...I DARE you. You better not waste your time responding to this, kid, I think you're two dads maybe calling you for a game of pocket pool.

I didn't say he wasn't right about the DK stuff...that's all common sense. I said he's just an assmouth that has no place here, there's a difference. And no I didn't say anything about the match either, smart guy so pay attention. I referred o the commentary about him NOT the match itself (despite the fact that his Bowser attack were very predictable for me, but that's probably because I'm a DK main myself and I know the match-up is bad). And no, I'm not going to make a claim that I can beat Tink. I already know how good he is and unlike some people, I DON'T guarantee a win. I play that match humbly and confidently and let someone as ignorant as you underestimate me. That way if I lose, you get your retardedly childish amusement and I shake it off like it's nothing. But if I win, you end up with your foot in your ****ing mouth. And I STILL shakes it off like it's nothing.

Anyways, on topic:
@nuro
DK is not a counter to a fast-faller just because he can combo them. Like 40% of the melee roster can combo fast-faller well...including the fast-fallers themselves. Like how I DIDN'T call you "ignorant"?
LOL, youtube comments. Priceless.

MK Freak

Smash Rookie
Donkey Kong doesn't look like he hasn't gottin any up grades on he look but thats how he is supposed to look. His moves are great and the final smash is cool, good info.

Hagrid

Smash Apprentice
DK lacks affiliation to the DKC series. He should seriously have his roll instead of his hopeless dash attack, (hopefully its better this time round) and his final smash should have been Rambi.

I dont mind him not having his coconut gun, because not every character in the game should have a spammable projectile. I am hoping that his taunts include the ones where he beats his chest, gives the double thumbs up and holds his hands together above his head, cos that would be awesome :chuckle:

S2

Smash Lord
DK lacks affiliation to the DKC series. He should seriously have his roll instead of his hopeless dash attack, (hopefully its better this time round) and his final smash should have been Rambi.

I dont mind him not having his coconut gun, because not every character in the game should have a spammable projectile. I am hoping that his taunts include the ones where he beats his chest, gives the double thumbs up and holds his hands together above his head, cos that would be awesome :chuckle:
Exactly.

Even though everyone worldwide is in agreement that Donkey Kong's pinnacle as a character was the DKC trilogy... Nintendo doesn't seem to think so.

Secretly I think its because certain Nintendo producers (Miyamoto cough) don't like DKC. Probably has something to do with the fact that he was pressured to make Yoshi's Island more like DKC because it was popular at the time (that's never been fully explained beyond that, but YI turned out near perfect).

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
It sounds like there's been nothing but buffs to D.K... he was my main in 64 and Melee, so that's great to hear. = D

His Bair has a shorter reach, though? Huh, it was pretty short to begin with... I hope it's still as potent as it was in Melee, I lived and died by that move.

Top Bottom