• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC?

BamBoozzled

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone i was watching some vgbootcamps and i was watching people like pink fresh and IIoD but it doesnt seem like they djc alot. I dont see it and alot of people say djc is important the only one i see is djc up air can anyone explain this to me?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Hi everyone i was watching some vgbootcamps and i was watching people like pink fresh and IIoD but it doesnt seem like they djc alot. I dont see it and alot of people say djc is important the only one i see is djc up air can anyone explain this to me?
LLod hasn't be playing Lucas very long as far as I know and Pink Fresh focuses on smart play more so than super technical/drawn out combos. I personally think DJC is real important and good to learn.

BamBoozzled

Smash Rookie
holy **** yars im a huge fan man jesus, i was wondering like ive been playing lucas for a couple of months and dc seems so hard to do like in the mix of a intense battle if i screw up i just get comboed, any suggestions on how not to miss some djc?

Spice

Smash Cadet
LLod hasn't be playing Lucas very long as far as I know and Pink Fresh focuses on smart play more so than super technical/drawn out combos. I personally think DJC is real important and good to learn.
I would definitely agree with this. Pink Fresh is an amazing player, but rarely super technical or flashy, he is just very intelligent about his spacing and options.

holy **** yars im a huge fan man jesus, i was wondering like ive been playing lucas for a couple of months and dc seems so hard to do like in the mix of a intense battle if i screw up i just get comboed, any suggestions on how not to miss some djc?
Practice. Seriously. Like any other tech in the game, until it becomes incredibly second nature (read: muscle memory), it will be hard to fully utilize it. You shouldn't be thinking at all about the button inputs you are making, only the actions you are making in-game.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Really the only way you can do it is by grinding it out in Training Mode and then making sure to use it in battle against opponents. The latter is much harder than the former because even with lots of practice sometimes I still don't do it 100% on reaction. You'll find it becomes second nature and you won't have to tell yourself to do it as much the more you play as Lucas.

BamBoozzled

Smash Rookie
ok thanks man I appreciate the support from both of u so basicly il just have to gain more experiance with him thanks alot guys :)

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
what is the point of DJC? to land slightly faster from Fair-Lcancel for quicker moves? or am i missing something?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
what is the point of DJC? to land slightly faster from Fair-Lcancel for quicker moves? or am i missing something?
Utilizing DJC really does let you extend combos since you have the chance to use them for as little time as you need to. DJC Dair and Uair are both useful, so it isn't just Fair, though I'd say Fair is the best for it but the others have their own merits.

Une

Smash Apprentice
You DJC so you can do aerials really quickly and closely to the ground. Liek if you jump with a char then want to fastfall aerial you have to wait until you're at the top of your jump before you can fastfall. With the weird double jump chars like ****two, Peach, Yoshi, Lucas, Ness, etc. when you aerial quickly after double jumping you end up moving down. So if you jump then doublejump quickly and aerial you attack super low. Which means better combos because you do your aerial then land as soon as possible so you can get back to hitting your guy again and better pressure on block and stuff. Also you can do weird movement things with DJC. At least I think that's whats up

Also gotta be careful with your DJCs because you use your double jump when you do that although with the how goddamn dumb Lucas's recovery is currently it prob doesn't matter as much as it should

Top Bottom