• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC PKF

harvestpwn

Smash Rookie
So I'm having trouble double jump cancelling pkfreeze. I can do djc aerials fairly efficiently because i can use y->tap jump->c-stick-> L cancel, but since you can't do that for pkfreeze it's much harder. Is everyone playing claw grip? i can't seem to get the inputs in fast enough, or maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I can't seem to find a video explicitly showing how to do it either, I see players like neon and pink fresh using djc freeze while turning around to keep on pressure or to close the gap quickly after a successful hit. Could someone explain maybe a little more clearly how they are doing it and maybe some of the more intricate things they are doing?

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
You press Y (or X) -> press Y (or X) again -> then press side B.

It's as easy as it sounds. :) If you're having trouble with it, I'm assuming that you're still hold down Y after you press it the second time. Tap Y twice (not too fast) and then move your thumb completely to press B. If you find yourself doing the DJC, but the PKF doesn't come out, you're doing the actions too fast. If you want to turn around with the DJC PKF, just turn the analog stick in the opposite direction as you're pressing B.

Also, I don't use claw grip, ever, and there hasn't been a single technique Lucas has that I haven't been able to learn yet.

Une

Smash Apprentice
So I'm having trouble double jump cancelling pkfreeze. I can do djc aerials fairly efficiently because i can use y->tap jump->c-stick-> L cancel, but since you can't do that for pkfreeze it's much harder. Is everyone playing claw grip?

Wut? You can do djc aerials with c-stick but can't do djc Freeze? Strangest thing I've heard in awhile.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
So I'm having trouble double jump cancelling pkfreeze. I can do djc aerials fairly efficiently because i can use y->tap jump->c-stick-> L cancel, but since you can't do that for pkfreeze it's much harder. Is everyone playing claw grip?

Wut? You can do djc aerials with c-stick but can't do djc Freeze? Strangest thing I've heard in awhile.
How is that strange at all...?
It makes perfect sense to me.

PCA

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I have this problem too. Lucas floats too high after I do the side-b. I play Ness sometimes, and I don't have this problem with PK Fire.

Last edited:

SuperSmashDan

Smash Rookie
I switch to claw position and tap Y twice with my middle finger (like an arcade stick I guess?). I don't think this is totally necessary, the timing for DJC PKF is just a bit awkward. Kipcom's explanation is perfect, just keep on working on it accordingly.

Craij.

Smash Rookie
If you're still having trouble with it; after you press Y the first time simply press Y again and slide your thumb onto the B button as quick as you can. I do this and its a thousand times easier than trying to move your thumb to tap Y twice and then tap B. I learned it very quickly this way.

Nayyr

Smash Rookie
If you're still having trouble with it; after you press Y the first time simply press Y again and slide your thumb onto the B button as quick as you can. I do this and its a thousand times easier than trying to move your thumb to tap Y twice and then tap B. I learned it very quickly this way.
this is exactly how I do it. If I get a chance this week I'll take a video of my hands when I do it.

Top Bottom