• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dive, Discover, Dream. Endless Ocean In Smash (Made by Cetus and Captain Shades)

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the White Mother's much more likely than Magu Tapa for the first game. Thanatos was quite significant in EO2's story, so were the Okeanos' Guardian and Singing Dragon so they're good choices for Spirits. Oceane, Katherine or Jean-Eric would be good character choices.
But like Cetus Cetus said, just seeing an EO Spirit would be a win; even if it's a generic Humpback Whale.
I mean, you can use Spirits in game sorta so... If we get an EO Spirit, I'll be equipping it 24/7. Though spirits are gonna be illegal so... Hah.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Hoowee! We finally have a second page! XD
Ayyy yeah that's pretty good. Hopefully we can keep the activity up somehow.

I was thinking though that if an EO spirit was in the game, what would it do? Support or offense or... Something?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Ayyy yeah that's pretty good. Hopefully we can keep the activity up somehow.

I was thinking though that if an EO spirit was in the game, what would it do? Support or offense or... Something?
I mean Thanatos could 100% be an offensive Spirit, maybe even a high-class one. If I had to give him a Spirit battle, I'd go either black K. Rool or the blue Ridley, possibly with a Rocket Belt attached to imitate swimming movement. Oceane I see as a neutral Spirit. I'd give her Zero Suit as a Spirit Battle, but ZSS doesn't have a yellow alt... maybe because it's a Wii game, use the yellow female Wii Fit Trainer?

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
I mean Thanatos could 100% be an offensive Spirit, maybe even a high-class one. If I had to give him a Spirit battle, I'd go either black K. Rool or the blue Ridley, possibly with a Rocket Belt attached to imitate swimming movement. Oceane I see as a neutral Spirit. I'd give her Zero Suit as a Spirit Battle, but ZSS doesn't have a yellow alt... maybe because it's a Wii game, use the yellow female Wii Fit Trainer?
I think Kat would get a spirit if possible. Though, are there really going to be individual spirit battles for every spirit in this game? Some I understand like the Nia spirit battle but how're they going to make battles for things like the Metroid Starship or Snipperclips? Do we know how many spirits can be expected in this game?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I think Kat would get a spirit if possible. Though, are there really going to be individual spirit battles for every spirit in this game? Some I understand like the Nia spirit battle but how're they going to make battles for things like the Metroid Starship or Snipperclips? Do we know how many spirits can be expected in this game?
I heard rumours of over 1000, though I doubt EVERY Spirit would get a battle of their own. Some would probably be earned in chests and challenges.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
I heard rumours of over 1000, though I doubt EVERY Spirit would get a battle of their own. Some would probably be earned in chests and challenges.
Yeah, most likely. Considering Smash 4 had 716 trophies, I think Spirits will exceed that number. Especially considering the fact that they take a lot less time to make.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Wow... Really... None whatsoever?... Yeah, I checked and nothing... God damn...
Why Endless Ocean got to be so hated. Either Sakurai really dislikes this franchise or its more obscure than we thought. Kinda strange seeing how Sakurai seems to love going the distance for inclusions of the well forgotten, but EO never appears.

To help bring some hope, it was reported that Nintendo got the license back recently, so they have to be doing something with Endless Ocean right?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Wow... Really... None whatsoever?... Yeah, I checked and nothing... God damn...
The only name that comes up is Thanatos and that's referring to the Kid Icarus Thanatos, so no, I don't think there's anything there.

To help bring some hope, it was reported that Nintendo got the license back recently, so they have to be doing something with Endless Ocean right?
They did the same thing with Golden Sun, but I'm not sure if that means anything. I hope that means a new game, but I'm not convinced.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
This is certainly a detriment but... Hm... Endless Ocean won't be going anywhere like this.

I am glad we have at the very least us three to start off. We need a new approach to this whole thing... The problem is, no one's immediately interested in this because it's obscure... To start off, maybe we should have some sort of signature thing for us that immediately connects us. Like a banner or something in our signature box.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
This is certainly a detriment but... Hm... Endless Ocean won't be going anywhere like this.

I am glad we have at the very least us three to start off. We need a new approach to this whole thing... The problem is, no one's immediately interested in this because it's obscure... To start off, maybe we should have some sort of signature thing for us that immediately connects us. Like a banner or something in our signature box.
I think you mean 4, while not having many posts, smashkirby smashkirby seems to at least view our thread and like stuff.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
To post on a dead thread and bring it back, we are now entering the DLC realm where we can pray to get content. Even just the addition of spirits could help bring this series more limelight.

Here’s my question, Nintendo trademarked the franchise title just like many others, but unlike Golden Sun it got nothing in Smash, so what are they doing with the franchise? Is there a possibility it could come back on Switch, either a new title or a port in a similar vein to Go Vacation (which yes is another one of their titles). I would love to see a return of the franchise even if it is a Go Vacation style port as the game was overlooked on Wii, but could get a massive audience on Switch.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
To post on a dead thread and bring it back, we are now entering the DLC realm where we can pray to get content. Even just the addition of spirits could help bring this series more limelight.

Here’s my question, Nintendo trademarked the franchise title just like many others, but unlike Golden Sun it got nothing in Smash, so what are they doing with the franchise? Is there a possibility it could come back on Switch, either a new title or a port in a similar vein to Go Vacation (which yes is another one of their titles). I would love to see a return of the franchise even if it is a Go Vacation style port as the game was overlooked on Wii, but could get a massive audience on Switch.
I'm quite confused too. Are they saving it for DLC?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know considering how Sakurai had a whole team dedicated to Spirits, it's possible Endless Ocean was simply overlooked. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't exactly make me feel any better...

Transform987

Smash Rookie
I was so shocked when I learned that there was NOTHING to do with Endless Ocean in Ultimate. And frankly, quite annoyed. Even just a Jean-Eric spirit would have made me happy.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I was so shocked when I learned that there was NOTHING to do with Endless Ocean in Ultimate. And frankly, quite annoyed. Even just a Jean-Eric spirit would have made me happy.
Wait... has EO ever been released in Japan? If not, then it might explain EO's absence in Smash Ultimate...

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Yes! that game is my childhood. How can I support this? Sorry I’m new.
Sorry to get back to you so late. Honestly, just being here to discuss is good enough. We want this thread to become big, so the more traction as posts go through, the better.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, do you all think someone from Endless Ocean has a shot at being one of the additional DLC characters past the Fighter's Pass? I doubt it, but Sakurai's done some crazy stuff before...

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Say, do you all think someone from Endless Ocean has a shot at being one of the additional DLC characters past the Fighter's Pass? I doubt it, but Sakurai's done some crazy stuff before...
I dearly hope so! I recently found out Arika worked with Nintendo on Tetris 99, so they certainly have strong ties with Nintendo. They also helped with Dr. Mario and AR Games... if anyone remembers AR Games.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I dearly hope so! I recently found out Arika worked with Nintendo on Tetris 99, so they certainly have strong ties with Nintendo. They also helped with Dr. Mario and AR Games... if anyone remembers AR Games.
Wait, Arika worked on Endless Ocean and AR Games?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If no one minds me asking, do you think Nintendo could add songs from Endless Ocean to Smash? If so, what songs?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
If no one minds me asking, do you think Nintendo could add songs from Endless Ocean to Smash? If so, what songs?
Well, obviously they can't add any licensed songs, so the original pieces are what they have to choose from.
Here's a good size selection.

- Character Selection (Endless Ocean)
- Gabbiano Day (Endless Ocean)
- Gabbiano Night (Endless Ocean)
- Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean)
- Nineball Island Day (Endless Ocean 2)
- Nineball Island Night (Endless Ocean 2)
- Aquarium (Endless Ocean 2)
- Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 04 (Cavern of the Gods) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 05 (Cortica River) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 06 (Weddell Sea) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Danger! (Endless Ocean 2)

Maybe even include some tracks from the Everblue games. Arika also made those, even though Everblue's partly Capcom.

- Ancient Blue (Everblue 2)
- Vigor Llenado (Everblue 2)
- Brisa Do Mar (Everblue 2)
- Ending (Everblue)
- Daedalus (Everblue)

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
While I'm here, here a few suggestions for a set of Spirits.

- Diver (Male) - Fighter
- Diver (Female) - Fighter
- The Gabbiano
- :ultwiifittrainer::ultsquirtle:★★
- GG
- :ultwiifittrainerm:★★
- Nancy Young
- :ultlucina:
- Oceané Rouvier
- :ultwiifittrainer::ultsnake:★★★
- Hayako Sakurai
- :ultrobinf:★★
- Jean-Eric Rouvier
- :ultsnake:
- Katherine Sunday
- :ultdaisy:
- Thanatos
- Giant :ultridley:★★★★
- White Mother
- Giant :ultpalutena:★★★★★
- Magu Tapa
- :ultcharizard:★★★★
- Okeanos's Guardian
- :ultridley::ultcharizard::ultcharizard:★★★★★
- Singing Dragon
- Giant :ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:★★★★
- Short-Beaked Common Dolphin Partner
- :ultsquirtle:★★
- Dolphin Partners
- :ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja:★★★
- Dragon Flute
- :ultdarksamus:★★★

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, obviously they can't add any licensed songs, so the original pieces are what they have to choose from.
Here's a good size selection.

- Character Selection (Endless Ocean)
- Gabbiano Day (Endless Ocean)
- Gabbiano Night (Endless Ocean)
- Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean)
- Nineball Island Day (Endless Ocean 2)
- Nineball Island Night (Endless Ocean 2)
- Aquarium (Endless Ocean 2)
- Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 04 (Cavern of the Gods) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 05 (Cortica River) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Diving 06 (Weddell Sea) (Endless Ocean 2)
- Danger! (Endless Ocean 2)

Maybe even include some tracks from the Everblue games. Arika also made those.

- Ancient Blue (Everblue 2)
- Vigor Llenado (Everblue 2)
- Brisa Do Mar (Everblue 2)
- Ending (Everblue)
- Daedalus (Everblue)
Wow, I always knew that Endless Ocean would have a multitude of songs to choose from, but I've clearly been underestimating its options...

While I'm here, here a few suggestions for a set of Spirits.

- Diver (Male) - Fighter
- Diver (Female) - Fighter
- The Gabbiano
- :ultwiifittrainer::ultsquirtle:★★
- GG
- :ultwiifittrainerm:★★
- Nancy Young
- :ultlucina:
- Oceané Rouvier
- :ultwiifittrainer::ultsnake:★★★
- Hayako Sakurai
- :ultrobinf:★★
- Jean-Eric Rouvier
- :ultsnake:
- Katherine Sunday
- :ultdaisy:
- Thanatos
- Giant :ultridley:★★★★
- White Mother
- Giant :ultpalutena:★★★★★
- Magu Tapa
- :ultcharizard:★★★★
- Okeanos's Guardian
- :ultridley::ultcharizard::ultcharizard:★★★★★
- Singing Dragon
- Giant :ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:★★★★
- Short-Beaked Common Dolphin Partner
- :ultsquirtle:★★
- Dolphin Partners
- :ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultsquirtle::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja::ultgreninja:★★★
- Dragon Flute
- :ultdarksamus:★★★
Once again, I'm legit blown away by how much content this series could offer Smash Ultimate (if not Smash Bros. in general).

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Wow, I always knew that Endless Ocean would have a multitude of songs to choose from, but I've clearly been underestimating its options...

Once again, I'm legit blown away by how much content this series could offer Smash Ultimate (if not Smash Bros. in general).
I try. ^^
Endless Ocean 2 especially is a HUGE game and even if Nintendo would have to go through Arika to get it (EO's credited to both, I checked on Arika's website) I think it's a sorely missed opportunity.
But we have 6 Fighter Slots open and potentially some Spirit events to come. Fingers crossed!

Out of interest, what would you have chosen for Songs and Spirits?

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Dang I didn't know this series didn't even get a spirit. As a fan of StarTropics, I understand the pain. We spiritless games need to support each other.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I try. ^^
Endless Ocean 2 especially is a HUGE game and even if Nintendo would have to go through Arika to get it (EO's credited to both, I checked on Arika's website) I think it's a sorely missed opportunity.
But we have 6 Fighter Slots open and potentially some Spirit events to come. Fingers crossed!

Out of interest, what would you have chosen for Songs and Spirits?
Personally, I would have just gone for both Gabbiano themes. As for Spirits, I'd proably just go with Oceana and Thanatos (and maybe Hayako) as Spirits. It's not that I wouldn't want more than this, but knowing how Smash Bros. treats Nintendo's smaller series, I just figured I'd go for what I went with here.

Dang I didn't know this series didn't even get a spirit. As a fan of StarTropics, I understand the pain. We spiritless games need to support each other.
Amen to that.
As a fan of Pilotwings 64, I share your pain. I'd say all of our cases are very unfortunate, and in the case of PW64 and EO, it's especially odd as those games WERE released in Japan.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Personally, I would have just gone for both Gabbiano themes. As for Spirits, I'd proably just go with Oceana and Thanatos (and maybe Hayako) as Spirits. It's not that I wouldn't want more than this, but knowing how Smash Bros. treats Nintendo's smaller series, I just figured I'd go for what I went with here.
I think the minimum would be 4 if it's a Spirit event. Arms got 6 Spirits, Custom Robo got 4 and The Legendary Starfy got 6, so the Spirit count is inconsistent to say the least.

And at least Pilotwings got a stage.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think the minimum would be 4 if it's a Spirit event. Arms got 6 Spirits, Custom Robo got 4 and The Legendary Starfy got 6, so the Spirit count is inconsistent to say the least.
That seems about right. That said, what would you choose as EO's 4 Spirits?

And at least Pilotwings got a stage.
Yeah, I do have to give you that one. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that Pilotwings at least has a stage to its name.

Still though, there was kind of a reason I mentioned PW64 specifically. Out of all the PW games, the content with the most 'personality' potentially could have hailed from that game, but there's virtually NO reference to in Smash Bros. whatsoever, as if Nintendo purposely avoid any possible reference to that game.

Granted, it might have had something to do with how that game (similarly to StarTropics) was developed primarily by Nintendo's division that has far more of a Western focus to it.

Top Bottom