• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dive bombing

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ever since the Wing Canceling and now Wingdashing, I'm trying to figure out WoI's full potential.
This isn't an AT, just a discussion of my findings of what works.

Using WoI after getting knocked up in the air so that you can return really fast is what I like to call Dive bombing.
I realize how risky this is if you get knocked out of the air but I think there are some situations this can be used especially facing Snake. Snake's love using Usmash after an Utilt. They really like to charge their Usmash at this time.

Here is a perfect opportunity to Dive bomb. You can easily avoid the shell and have a better opportunity to either attack or get back quicker than they expect. I will have a video up soon of matches I played today with me doing it. I need to add more to youtube anyways.

Another situation I have yet to test is if a Marth knocks you across FD. If you WoI halfway over and Dive Bomb to get to the ground faster, it might throw them off because they were expecting you to go further.

It is another mindgaming tool and a very risky one I know. I just wanted to throw out some ideas.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I might use it when they're far away to get to the ground quickly, but to approach with it really seems much too risky.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I might use it when they're far away to get to the ground quickly, but to approach with it really seems much too risky.
I totally agree. I would never rely on this as an approach, but Snake is an exception. I still wouldn't use it that much. It is better when they are far away, I agree.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
you can start it anytime you want just preferably far enough away from your opponent so that they cant hit you, or else you will be void of recovery options

Top Bottom