• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ditto in Brawl?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. Just a thought. Ditto is a pretty neat POKéMON. I mean having a character that can transform and utilize another character's abilities would be awesome!

-Ditto could probably Transform into another character either by grabbing the character or facing the character.

-The attacks Ditto uses as the other characters are weaker. That's the only drawback. And he can come out of the Transformation by taunting (the same way Kirby discards and ability).

-His taunt can probably be him bobbing up and down saying "Ditto!"

-Ditto doesn't have a moveset unless he transforms. But he can still jump, move and guard.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Ditto would be cool, but not like you said. I think he should be able to randomly turn into other characters when you push B, and that would be his only special. And when you do your taunt he turns back into Ditto.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Randomly? I think it's better to change into a character he is fighting. It should be random if it is a 4-player fight.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If all he can do is turn into the character he's fighting, then what would happen if both people picked Ditto?

And why would anybody pick him if he just turned into a weaker version of his opponent, like you said. If that were the case, wouldn't it make more sense to just pick the same character as your opponent and be just as good instead of picking Ditto and being worse?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Well, in the game, if Ditto turned into another Pokemon, his stats will be the same. If Ditto were to be as powerful as the fighter he turned into, he would be a bit overused. (Though that wouldn't be a bad thing...)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd much prefer having a character that can be a completely random character (like freeman said). That would be fun. I'd use him all the time, because I almost always goes random in Melee anyway.

Maeotian

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of random character changing too. But could you only change into one character per match, or could you possibly keep changing and unchanging until you change into a prefered character?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm thinking like what Mic said, Charade from SCII. In that game, you were changed into a random character for each fight. In Melee, it could work for every stock. That would be heaven for me.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Why not? Ditto was in Melee in Tourny Mode. (And as an unused Poke due to ICs, but still reachable by AR, though useless.)

Vali

Smash Ace
I'd like it if Ditto just appeared instead of a "Random" button for character selection. Changing every stock would be good until you got a really really bad match-up, supposing there are such things in Brawl, could be fun though.

ss118

Smash Master
How about any time u do anything, he'd pick a random character for that move. For example, using down b may result in a rest or a shine(could be fox's/falco's), or anytime you walked/ran, you'd change, too, until you stopped that particular movement/attack.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
OK, maybe Ditto can have some attacks, but with him having only one move, it's a bit hard to make a simple moveset.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
If it isn't the stock idea, might it be broken?

transform into sheik(assuming she comes back)
land a fair
transform into [insert uber edgeguarder here]

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I think the stock changing idea is the best one, changing at will would make it overpowered and using random moves would make it unusable (spelling?) like using final cutter to recover when you need farore's wind.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
With the stock changing idea you would never really play as ditto aka a purple blob, just some random characters.
plus, only the mario series beats pokémon to nintendo's top selling franchises if I remember correctly so the game will probably have quite a few

Top Bottom