• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disjointed play style

ck2399

Smash Rookie
I think DHD has the potential to become the new Ice Climbers in the sense that a smart player, much like Wobbles, could easily do multiple attacks at the same time.

DHD is difficult and technical, but with the right play style, one could cover the whole screen with his attacks.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, it is difficult to use both normal and special moves at the same time... I mean, did you see the trailer where the dog kicked the can toward Fox and then grabbed him and then the duck was headbutting Fox... and at the same time, the NES Zapper player was shooting the can over them... and then the dog threw Fox toward the can.

:GCB: (dog kicks can)
:GCB: (hunter shoots can)
:GCL: (dog starts running toward Fox)
:GCB: (hunter shoots can again) :GCL: (dog continues running toward Fox)
:GCZ: (dog grabs Fox) :GCB: (hunter shoots can again)
:GCZ: (duck headbutts Fox) :GCB: (hunter shoots can again)
:GCL: (dog throws Fox toward can)

:GCZ: can be substituted with :GCA::GCLT: or :GCA::GCRT: but I feel that :GCZ: is better suited if you have difficulty pressing both :GCA: and :GCB: with one thumb at the same time, you know?

ck2399

Smash Rookie
I mean, did you see the trailer where the dog kicked the can toward Fox and then grabbed him and then the duck was headbutting Fox... and at the same time, the NES Zapper player was shooting the can over them... and then the dog threw Fox toward the can.
That's exactly what I was thinking about! I've yet to see a match where this happens.

Most of the time, DHD players just do the same combination of moves (I do too) which is Side B, Down B, Neutral B one after the other in any order.

Maybe we should think of something more complex? I feel a new play style might even promote DHD to a higher tier.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Watch the videos in the video thread. It's full of good stuff. Cananigans. Killing with up tilt. Reverse cananigans.

ck2399

Smash Rookie
Will check the vids, thanks a lot!

As much as I love DHD, he's a difficult character to master : /

Top Bottom