• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disjointed Hitboxes

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Does anybody know a way around them:confused:????? Lucario troubles me alot! I rack up the damage but when its time to ko him he already has his power boost and punches my poor light sheik into the sunset:(. So anyone have any ideas and it just doesn't have to be lucario it could be snake or metagay or even gender confused princess martha.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
The only thing's I can think of are mind games and back stepping. Lucario's recovery move does no damage, so he is weak to edge guarding. If you could use needles to distract and then move in for the kill, you could grab and through off the edge or attack any old way. Use your chain for a quick hold on the edge and watch Lucario fall to his death. The grabbing thing should work since lucario will be at high damage. But if all else fails just try to get an opening and use up smash:ohwell:

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Well one thing to note is that Transforming into Zelda is very effective against Lucario. He is much weaker when he is being killed at lower pecerntages.

But other than that, your best bet is spacing. Sheik has some fairly long ranged moves, most notably the Back Air. Judicious use of the Back Air can make Sheik seem like a disjointed hitbox character.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Well one thing to note is that Transforming into Zelda is very effective against Lucario. He is much weaker when he is being killed at lower pecerntages.

But other than that, your best bet is spacing. Sheik has some fairly long ranged moves, most notably the Back Air. Judicious use of the Back Air can make Sheik seem like a disjointed hitbox character.
Wildfire is right:ohwell: But my idea is ok:psycho:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
if i start out as zelda and my opponent turns out to be lucario, i stay zelda.

when i start out as sheik in this situation, i fight until the earliest opportunity i find to transform into zelda, then i do that (unless it would be more effective to first edgeguard him quickly before the change).

if you don't change, not only will you have trouble killing him, but he will have less and less trouble killing YOU (sheik is harder to kill with and is a bit lighter than zelda, who is easy to kill with.... also, lucario dies pretty early, anyway)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Lucario has a lot of lag on many of his moves. If you can trick him into a counter with needles, or maybe his forward-b, you can probably get up close and "gtfo kick" him off the stage. Easy edge-guarding for horrible recovery from there on.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
lucario has to be a purty difficult match up for sheik mainly because racking up damage like we usually do is counter productive to us as it usually ends to our unfortunate demise, this is a good match up for sheik->zelda for KO, for other disjointed hitboxes (like marth) you can shield then dash grab

Top Bottom