• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion Stages for Olimar

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Due the lack of this topic and discussion, I decided to start it.
I'm not sure if this should be a Table or a list... but we will decide through the progress of the topic.
By your comments, If you think that another category should be added or deleted, move a stage to another category or whatever you believe, reply and I will try to update this according to your information/opinion/etc.

Stages

We will start with my humble opinion.

Points|Stage
3 (+1 Mine, Mr. Escalator +1 , Kon +1 )|Halberd
2 (+1 Mine, Angbad +1) |Smashville
2 (+1 Mine, Angbad +1 )|Final Destination (and all Omegas)
2 (+1 Mine, Mr. Escalator +1 )|Lylat Cruise
1|Duck Hunt
1|Willy Castle
1|Luigi's Mansion
0|Gamer
0 (+1 Mine, Angbad -1 )|Town and City
0|Mushroom Kingdom U
0 (-1 Mine, Angbad +1 ? )|Castle Siege
-1|Wolly World
-1|75m
-1|Norfair
-1|Onett
-1|Skyworld
-1|The Great Cave Offensive
-1|Gaur Plain
-1|Port Town Aero Dive
-1|Boxing Ring
-1|Jungle Hijinxs
-1 ( Veska -1 , Mr. Escalator 0 )|Kongo Jungle 64
-1 (-1 Mine, Angbad -1 , Kon +1 )|BattleField and Big BattleField
Pending Stage
Mario Galaxy|Windy Hill Zone|Mario Circuit|Mario Circuit (Brawl)|Delfino Plaza
Pilotwings|Yoshi's Island|Skyloft|Temple|Wuhu Island
Bridge of Eldin|Pyrosphere|Orbital Gate Assault|Kalos Pokemon League|Pokemon Stadium 2
Pac-Land|Coliseum|Flat Zone X|Palutena's Temple|Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio|Wrecking Crew| Miiverse

Last edited:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I counter pick castle every time it's available. Love it. I think Lylat is decent for us because we don't get as screwed as other characters by the ledge.

I do agree Battlefield is trash tier for olimar. Dunno why Myran likes it so much.

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
If this thread is disucssing about competitve stage picking, you can probably filter out most of the stages on that list because only a handful are not banned in tournaments. You most likely need to consider only the following:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination (+Omega Stages)
  • Smashville
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City
  • Kongo Jungle 64?
This is from the ruleset of the recent Apex 2015 tournament.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
What if we give points to a stage?
Something like: Lylat +1 BattleField -1.
This way we could have a ranking and put the data on a table. I will edit the first post whenever someone rank their stages.
What you think? It would be better this way?

Veskah

Smash Rookie
I have a hard time with Kongo Jungle 64, due to that dip in the middle of the level. If you're standing in it and you try to throw a pikmin, they hit the floor before the go very far. This makes it so you have to be standing basically near the ledges to have a chance at throwing pikmin. I'd give it a -1.

Also, for the ones that are already ranked can we get a reason as to why they are? I don't really know many of the pros and cons to a stage and surprisingly I can't really find a reason anywhere as to why a stage is good.

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I have a hard time with Kongo Jungle 64, due to that dip in the middle of the level. If you're standing in it and you try to throw a pikmin, they hit the floor before the go very far. This makes it so you have to be standing basically near the ledges to have a chance at throwing pikmin. I'd give it a -1.

Also, for the ones that are already ranked can we get a reason as to why they are? I don't really know many of the pros and cons to a stage and surprisingly I can't really find a reason anywhere as to why a stage is good.
Alright , I will say why I ranked +1 to some stages.
Town and the City (Omega)
Because is almost the same a Smashville except because I feel that the blastzone are closer. I like Uthrow Blue Pikmin get the kill on less %.​
Smashville
Just a platform, very neutral and the form at the ledges are great.​
Duck Hunt
A long platform to run, escape, zoning, etc. Only 2 "platforms" and they are separated, so you can't get combo by that. Blastzone is close to the borders so I think that helps too.
Personally I believe its higher than average stages.​
Willy Castle
Platforms aren't an issue in this and the long walls help you to Dair your opponent more easily.​
Halberd
The "floor" is long and the distance to the blastzone seems longer for me. The form of the edges are great too.​
Lylat Cruise (Omega)
Our Recovery helps us to grab the ledge easily. It's harder for some others to pick it up, so they tend to fail that. Even when I believe it's a little bit short, lets you do your game play.​
Luigi's Mansion
It has levels and let you benefit from the bounds on the floor and roof. I fell that it's higher than usual too.​

Last edited:

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I actually like Kong 64 as Olimar. It feels like FSmash gets a lot of easy kills on this stage due to smaller space offstage. Not only that, but I like sharking through the bottom, and it helps give more avenues for recovering past edgeguarding. +0 feels fine with me for a rating - I play it fairly frequently, and I rather like it.

+1 to Lylat and Halberd. Been putting in work on those stages.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think Delfino is a tricky one. Why? I somehow like the plattform layout and the different stations, but one thing seems to be a major issue. Every pikmin except the blue one will die if you fall into water parts(note: only the water parts, where the character does switch to the swimming animation. There's also a station with the umbrellas and a small walkable waterpart on the left and there won't die any of your pikmins.)

I feel like it is really hard to say Delfino may be a good stage if on some transformations there will be elements able to kill your pikmins instantly. I guess what is in our favor is the low upper blastzone in some parts especially for upthrow kills.

Halberd is of course also great because of the upper blastzone. But the plattform has an unlucky height. Your upsmash will only hit with the yellow pikmin or if you're placed just right on this diagonal part of the flying ground plattform(don't know how to call it xD hope you know what I mean).

What I like when playing on battlefield is the fact that your upsmash will hit the plattforms without depending on a certain pikmin color.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I think Delfino is a tricky one. Why? I somehow like the plattform layout and the different stations, but one thing seems to be a major issue. Every pikmin except the blue one will die if you fall into water parts(note: only the water parts, where the character does switch to the swimming animation. There's also a station with the umbrellas and a small walkable waterpart on the left and there won't die any of your pikmins.)

I feel like it is really hard to say Delfino may be a good stage if on some transformations there will be elements able to kill your pikmins instantly. I guess what is in our favor is the low upper blastzone in some parts especially for upthrow kills.

Halberd is of course also great because of the upper blastzone. But the plattform has an unlucky height. Your upsmash will only hit with the yellow pikmin or if you're placed just right on this diagonal part of the flying ground plattform(don't know how to call it xD hope you know what I mean).

What I like when playing on battlefield is the fact that your upsmash will hit the plattforms without depending on a certain pikmin color.
I'm sorry I didn't reply on this early, I was convinced that I did.
So would you like to rate Delfino +1, Halberd +1 and Battlefield +1 ?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I would rate Halberd +1. Beside the advantage with the lower upper blastzone, the fact you can recover through the flying plattform is in my opinion also an important advantage as it makes you less gimpable.

I won't rate Delfino with +1 as I think the fact pikmins can be easily killed by falling into the water(swimming parts only) is a disadvantage.

I would rate Battlefield with +1 as the plattforms on the left and on the right are at a good height and in general I don't think the plattforms make it so much harder to hit your ennemies with pikmin throw. Also if you're able to grab your ennemy on the plattforms, I suppose you are able to kill earlier with your upthrow which would mean a certain advantage thanks to the stage.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I would rate Halberd +1. Beside the advantage with the lower upper blastzone, the fact you can recover through the flying plattform is in my opinion also an important advantage as it makes you less gimpable.

I won't rate Delfino with +1 as I think the fact pikmins can be easily killed by falling into the water(swimming parts only) is a disadvantage.

I would rate Battlefield with +1 as the plattforms on the left and on the right are at a good height and in general I don't think the plattforms make it so much harder to hit your ennemies with pikmin throw. Also if you're able to grab your ennemy on the plattforms, I suppose you are able to kill earlier with your upthrow which would mean a certain advantage thanks to the stage.
Thank you, it's already updated ^^.

Top Bottom