• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discovery] Olimar Fast and Furious

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Holy Bulborbs!

This really made me go into a WTH state of mind.

Remember the old "Captain Falcon appears in a SSE Video" Video?

That scene that had everyone wondering...

Well in the latest SSE video, that scene is there again, except there are a few extra frames in it, and Me being the over-analyzing kind of guy decided to review it frame by frame (for the second time)

And with that I can conclude that it is in fact not Captain Falcon, but rather Captain Olimar!

Proof:

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWJR4nBp_4

Now, to the point of the thread, Olimar's attacks are friggin crazy fast, he swings pikmin (like a sword) at a crazy fast speed, he just killed loads of Primid in a matter of seconds.

This is BIG news to Olimar, maybe he has more to him than just throwing pikmin...

Discuss:

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's a better quality pic

but I just don't see Olimar.
EDIT: Here is the very first frame of that clip:

No Olimar.
To me it doesn't even look like they're being attacked. It looks more like the Primids are attacking.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, Olimar just isn't there. This thread is just as farfetched as people thinking Captain Falcon was confirmed by this screen shot.

And Yigguth, I love the signature!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
vids cool... failed to recognize him... maybe rolimar's shield is **** fast or it is maybe a pyrimid attack or the ssbm bumper lol (my thoughts....)

IllidR

Smash Champion
vids cool... failed to recognize him... maybe rolimar's shield is **** fast or it is maybe a pyrimid attack or the ssbm bumper lol (my thoughts....)
It's just the primids running in line, holding items. There is no Olimar here, it's just bad speculation. If Olimar is in fact there why would the Primids keep running by him and not stay to fight? It doesn't make sense.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
For the people who can't see him (honestly guys I don't get how you don't see him)

Notice that the hands have the red colored gloves.
In the head you can see both he's ear and his hair (2 of the 3 hairs)
The boots are a slight darker tone (under parts of it)
Also, the nose that some people believe was Mario's is Olimar's (who also has a big fat one)

If you still cant see it, try replaying that couple of seconds over and over, you might even catch a glimpse of a blurry pikmin.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
looks like someone didn't even bother to read the replies in his own thread. I already posted a higher quality picture of that exact frame (from gametrailers), what you say is his nose is actually a primid's boot.

IllidR

Smash Champion
For the people who can't see him (honestly guys I don't get how you don't see him)

Notice that the hands have the red colored gloves.
In the head you can see both he's ear and his hair (2 of the 3 hairs)
The boots are a slight darker tone (under parts of it)
Also, the nose that some people believe was Mario's is Olimar's (who also has a big fat one)

If you still cant see it, try replaying that couple of seconds over and over, you might even catch a glimpse of a blurry pikmin.
I think I actually see what you're talking about after watching that youtube clib several hundred times, it could just be me going crazy or the extremely bad quality of the video. There is a possibility that it could maybe be Olimar there. However, even if it is, it goes by waaaay too fast to even tell what he is doing there. In your first post you describe it like you know everything that he's doing in this screenshot, all i see is it could be him there, and that could be a yellow Pikmin being thrown.

Most likely though, this is as Yigguth said the foot of the Primid falling down, and that streak that looks like a Pikmin could be as he gets up the beamsword he was holding flashing across the screen

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yes you saw the yellow blur, I say he swings it because the blur appears for the first time very close to Olimar's hand and later it appears back of Olimar (returning to Pikmin line?)

That and that we already saw Olimar use a yellow Pikmin like a sword thing (Picture in the dojo)

However it is way to fast and blurry to determine exactly what it is.

Thing is, if Olimar attacks (lets pretend is a tilt attack) this fast, maybe he's game would be dramaticaly different from what he expect. I now think Sakurai is making this guy really unique.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yigguth, thanks for the higher quality link.

Its a lot easier to see him there, I don't get how you can't.

I'm downloading the video and will post frame by frames.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Why would you guys watch the youtube version when gametrailers has a MUCH higher quality version? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29930.html watch that over and over and tell me if you see him. He's not there. And besides, we only have to wait 5 days to see how well Olimar is anyways.
I really don't know why I was watching the Youtube video... I guess because of availability. But with the clearer video, I don't see Olimar at all, it was definitely the quality just messing with our mindsss. But what is that thing that springs up on the right at the end of the scene, I'd really like to know.

Pyr0 said:
Yigguth, thanks for the higher quality link.

Its a lot easier to see him there, I don't get how you can't.

I'm downloading the video and will post frame by frames.
You still think you see him? Well if you do get the frames, please can you post just those frames in a loop on here? I understand what you think is Olimar but I really don't think it is.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
After going frame by frame in the higher res video, I have to admit I was wrong.

Here is the frame:

Its not Olimar's head its a Primid boot.

However something really strange happens in the next frame.

What I thought was Olimar's body simply disappears (this is the next frame theres nothing in between)
This is extremely odd...

Oh, and I still cant figure out what the yellow blur is.

Top Bottom