• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discord on Pc and Switch on one Monitor

Ronmon

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1096-7705-1901
Hello guys!

I played a lot of Sm4sh and Brawl, but never on a higher level. Now i want to hook up the switch to my PC setup so i can use Discord while i play Smash Ultimate.
I have two Monitors and would use one to show the Gameplay and the other one to use Discord.
Now to my Problem:
I have no sound from the Switch on my Headset i want to use with Discord.
My Monitor doesnt have a HDMI input but i use my Display Port with an adapter.
My Monitor also doesnt have Adio Inputs or Outputs.
When i tried to Put an Male to Male Auxcord from the switch directly to my PC, I could hear the sounds from my PC and the Switch but there was a loud Buzzing sound coming from the switch which wasnt very enjoyable.
Does anybody of you know how i could possibly get this working?

Best regards,
Ronmon

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
I could hear the sounds from my PC and the Switch but there was a loud Buzzing sound coming from the switch which wasnt very enjoyable.
your headphones might require a power source, if they have a USB connection, which some PC ports won't deliver. a safe bet (what i use) is to take a standard USB phone charger brick, plug it into a power outlet, and plug the headphone USB into that.
the switch having no sound, in my experience, is fixed by restarting the console. past that, i'm not entirely sure.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
You mentioned a buzzing problem; my bet would be that there's some electrical interference or some kind of Switch/PC disagreement that's causing it. One way around that would be to buy an HDMI/audio splitter device like this one and plug the 3.5mm cable into your PC's Line In port (of course, you'll need two HDMI cables: One going from your Switch to the splitter, and one from the splitter into your monitor). Fiddle with your audio settings a bit and you should hear Switch audio as well as PC/Discord audio. That's the setup I'm using, and apart from general screwiness with audio delay that I miraculously fixed somehow after messing with my PC's audio settings for well over an hour, it works. Just a few hours ago I was streaming Mario Odyssey while talking to my buddy on Discord and it worked like a charm.

Top Bottom