• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[DISCONTINUED]: New Shulk Skype Group

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Announcement: For reasons, I've created a new skype group for players & fans to gather. Whether your reason for joining this group is striving to improve your Shulk smash skills, wanting MatchUp practice against other players who also play the character, interest in discussing the character, or anything you like. . .then this group would be decent to join:shades:. And know that this group is not the "Only play main & discuss about Shulk" group, but we do like to keep it mostly about Shulk & other things.

We hope to host more calls for more vocal interaction & further discussions, but if you're shy about calls then have no worries because we currently still chat mostly with the IM. So if you're still interested in this group, add my Skype & I'll make sure to get you in.:shades:

Skype username: Decentlymace

Update: @ sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬] sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬] 's mighty decent rule-set for when you join this group:
  1. Changing the group chat's name

Do not change the name of the group chat constantly. Changing it to informative things such as mentioning an ongoing event with a link to it, describing that possible Xenoblade spoiler discussion is going on, or anything of that nature is okay in moderation. As long as it's informative and still states that it's the Shulk chat, then it's okay.
    Changing it to offensive things or constantly changing it to stupid things is not. This applies to group icons too. It floods the chat portion with the notifications of name/icon changes and it becomes confusing and annoying. We don't mind being silly and having fun, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

1 strike: Muted temporarily (affects anyone that contributed to the spam)
    2 strikes: Same as above
    3 strikes: Kicked from the group
  2. Spamming

This goes from general spamming of gibberish, key mashing, unnecessary number counting and the likes, to memes. Again, having fun in the chat is fine but if anything is blown out of proportion and meaningful conversations get lost and ignored in favor of mindless messages, that's where a clear line will have to be drawn.

3. Randomly adding other people

While we do welcome people into the chat, keep in mind that the main focus for it is to discuss Smash Bros, in particular, anything regarding Shulk in Smash 4. As a result, we'd like to keep the list of participants in the chat to be those that are players of the character, or want experience against the character. Adding random friends for the sake of adding them is unnecessary, and it makes it even harder to find out who out of 50+ participants needs to be removed because of this.

1 strike: Muted temporarily, random and unnecessary users will be kicked immediately
  4. Insults/Harassment/Flaming, etc.

Now this is a less streamlined rule. People that insult others and are general dbags looking to cause unnecessary arguments and "flame wars" will be muted temporarily as per usual, if it persists they will be kicked out and potentially banned.

Anybody that harasses anyone else with any sort of personal issues being brought to the chat, depending on how severe the exchange is, will be muted, kicked, or banned (most likely just kicked out, as this is more serious).

Since these situations can vary in intensity depending on what the offender says, different measures will be taken depending on how bad the situation is. On another note, taking serious matters such as ra-pe and racism in a jokeful and light manner will not be tolerated. Anyone that decides to bring up any such topics without anything constructive to go with it will be banned on the spot, no exceptions. It's happened about 2 times now and it won't be tolerated any more.
  5. Inactivity

It's happened on more than one occasion where we've had to get rid of countless people that decided to join the chat, but never post in it at all or did post at some point, but went inactive for a month or more. This is a group chat, it's meant for people to discuss. We don't NEED you to be talking constantly, but at least some sort of activity being shown would be nice.

People that never contribute or end up dropping in activity for a month or more than that will be kicked out to open up space. While the limit of 300 users in one chat is more than enough for us, we've already been close to hitting 100 users before, and at that point there's so many messages going on that need to be sent to so many people that are part of the chat, that the chat just lags when sending and receiving messages, which is why we kick people out to help minimize the issue.

If you aren't going to be TOO active, but want to be part of the group still, then by all means join us. Just know that if you disappear you will be kicked out, so if you tend to be inactive in chats in general, warning us about that would be good so we don't blindly kick you out with the rest.
That's about it. We don't mind going off-topic and we don't mind having instances where we do stupid things for fun, but these sorts of things need to be done in moderation. Anything that goes overboard and clutters the chat with mindless messages will have to be dealt with, so keep this in mind.

Announcement

This is super late & unnecessary, but I'm no longer going to add anyone on skype to join the Shulk Skype group. Most if not half of the crowd has joined the Discord group. Still, if you want to remain in both Shulk skype groups, then that's up to you. I'll stay in both groups until the end. So if you wanna join the discord group, go here. Thanks for Staying~

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Adding Skype but just posting in here anyway for more thread notifications.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
What happened to the old one if I may ask?
We've got 100+ people in it and only 20 or less actually talk. Plus Mace here wasn't the group chat's creator so he doesn't have moderator powers within the chat, nor does anyone else, so we can't get rid of those people.

With a new group we can actually moderate the amount of people that are active in it, and with less people it will be less of a hassle to get calls going, since it's a pain to set up sometimes if there's more than 25 people in a group, I believe.

It's mostly to clean up, really.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
In that case, I locked the old thread so people will be routed here

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
I'll have to get your Skype username, although I did try typing in your smashboards name & brought up someone but idk if that's you.
If it shows a picture of a squirrel girl with a child clone of herself, then that's me. If not, then my Skype name is theswordsman09.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mace. I've been a part of the old group and I would like to join in again for the new one. I'm pretty sure I added you already, but I thought I should ask you before I do anything.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Recently registered one, add me!
mario123007

Last edited:

Heropon Riki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
atlantis24
3DS FC
4725-8178-7452
I woudl really appreciate it if you added me to the group.

Skype name: live:riumbauh

citronic

Smash Rookie
NNID
areyoutoonenough
3DS FC
1950-9105-1712
Recently started maining Shulk, and I'd love to join!

TheSonicUniverse

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSonicTeam2013
3DS FC
2664-2230-1187
I wanna join this im thinking of Steping my Shulk up a bit

epicpiez

Smash Rookie
Been joining Skype groups recently, would like to contribute in this one also. hmu

Last edited:

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Ran into some difficulties with Skype working on my phone before so I couldn't really be active. If you don't mind adding me again, my Skype is: wreckreation_therapy

This makes it easier to play against people than hopping on to Anther's for me too, haha.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Like to be added back in, picked up Shulk again.
Is your skype the same as before? I tried finding you & I see a "solkevssb" with an Ike picture. That's you?

EDIT: Nvm
Ran into some difficulties with Skype working on my phone before so I couldn't really be active. If you don't mind adding me again, my Skype is: wreckreation_therapy

This makes it easier to play against people than hopping on to Anther's for me too, haha.
No sweat, I can getcha in.

---
Also, I don't reply to everyone who posts in this thread though I could, I usually read it & add ya in. Just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Alright, fellow Skype chat mod here. Seeing as we've been having instances where people feel the need to flood the chat with uncontrollable memes and general spam, constant name/icon changing for the group, and inviting randoms that wn't contribute at all, I've decided to finally make a list of rules to help mitigate these unnecessary issues.

The format for this list is as follows:

Code:
#. RULE

-Description-

Infraction(s) (in red)
Rules that are broken will result in a strike, once a certain amount of strikes are met then another infraction will have to be used. Also, these rules are subject to change.

1. Changing the group chat's name

Do not change the name of the group chat constantly. Changing it to informative things such as mentioning an ongoing event with a link to it, describing that possible Xenoblade spoiler discussion is going on, or anything of that nature is okay in moderation. As long as it's informative and still states that it's the Shulk chat, then it's okay.
    Changing it to offensive things or constantly changing it to stupid things is not. This applies to group icons too. It floods the chat portion with the notifications of name/icon changes and it becomes confusing and annoying. We don't mind being silly and having fun, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

2. Spamming

This goes from general spamming of gibberish, key mashing, unnecessary number counting and the likes, to memes. Again, having fun in the chat is fine but if anything is blown out of proportion and meaningful conversations get lost and ignored in favor of mindless messages, that's where a clear line will have to be drawn.

3. Randomly adding other people

While we do welcome people into the chat, keep in mind that the main focus for it is to discuss Smash Bros, in particular, anything regarding Shulk in Smash 4. As a result, we'd like to keep the list of participants in the chat to be those that are players of the character, or want experience against the character. Adding random friends for the sake of adding them is unnecessary, and it makes it even harder to find out who out of 50+ participants needs to be removed because of this.

1 strike: Muted temporarily, random and unnecessary users will be kicked immediately

4. Insults/Harassment/Flaming, etc.

Now this is a less streamlined rule. People that insult others and are general dbags looking to cause unnecessary arguments and "flame wars" will be muted temporarily as per usual, if it persists they will be kicked out and potentially banned.
    Anybody that harasses anyone else with any sort of personal issues being brought to the chat, depending on how severe the exchange is, will be muted, kicked, or banned (most likely just kicked out, as this is more serious).
    Since these situations can vary in intensity depending on what the offender says, different measures will be taken depending on how bad the situation is. On another note, taking serious matters such as ra-pe and racism in a jokeful and light manner will not be tolerated. Anyone that decides to bring up any such topics without anything constructive to go with it will be banned on the spot, no exceptions. It's happened about 2 times now and it won't be tolerated any more.
  5. Inactivity

It's happened on more than one occasion where we've had to get rid of countless people that decided to join the chat, but never post in it at all or did post at some point, but went inactive for a month or more. This is a group chat, it's meant for people to discuss. We don't NEED you to be talking constantly, but at least some sort of activity being shown would be nice.

People that never contribute or end up dropping in activity for a month or more than that will be kicked out to open up space. While the limit of 300 users in one chat is more than enough for us, we've already been close to hitting 100 users before, and at that point there's so many messages going on that need to be sent to so many people that are part of the chat, that the chat just lags when sending and receiving messages, which is why we kick people out to help minimize the issue.

If you aren't going to be TOO active, but want to be part of the group still, then by all means join us. Just know that if you disappear you will be kicked out, so if you tend to be inactive in chats in general, warning us about that would be good so we don't blindly kick you out with the rest.
That's about it. We don't mind going off-topic and we don't mind having instances where we do stupid things for fun, but these sorts of things need to be done in moderation. Anything that goes overboard and clutters the chat with mindless messages will have to be dealt with, so keep this in mind.

Last edited:

Mrperson_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mrperson111
3DS FC
1332-7719-9839
Id be down to join, skype is mrperson12345

Top Bottom