• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disc-read error with Brawl. THIS IS WHY.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I've had my Wii for about a year.

Just recently I've been getting my kitchen renovated so there's alot of dust! The renovations started on monday. My Wii is is in the basment and my kitchen is upstairs but I'm still verry worried.

Do you think mine will be able to play it?

EggSucker

Smash Cadet
Canada - Somewhere cold Mains: Yoshi, Pikachu, F
I've had my Wii for about a year.

Just recently I've been getting my kitchen renovated so there's alot of dust! The renovations started on monday. My Wii is is in the basment and my kitchen is upstairs but I'm still verry worried.

Do you think mine will be able to play it?
You'll find out once you put it in. But like Jelly said, canned air could be the solution, it's worth a try if you can't get it working and you don't want to wait a week to play.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
My apartment is beside a highway. Every week I have clean out heaps of dust. What can I do? Cover my wii?

EggSucker

Smash Cadet
Canada - Somewhere cold Mains: Yoshi, Pikachu, F
I'm so nervous right now, I wake up and see this... i was already worried whether or not it will be in, How does dust get in there anyway?
That's like asking why dust ends up on the back of you tv. I mean, unless you clean the house casually, you should be okay but dust gets everywhere. For both of you I think you just need to make sure the area your Wii is in, is always clean. And try other dust ridding solutions.

And you have to remember, this doesn't happen to everybody! You might get lucky.

Splooshi

Smash Rookie
OMG before everyone sends there wii in to nintendo try this is worked for me right away.

start your wii empty, put in your SSBB disk, wait a 15 seconds, click on the disk icon. at this point your wii will update and like magical magic you can play the game.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
Sounding scary. I looked in the slot of my Wii and I can see a few specks of dust around the place.

SAKUUUUUUUUURAI!

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the post oh well I'll worry less if it happens, the only problem will be that if it happens I don't know how much time it will take them to fix it and send it back.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Well actually, the whole disc read error thing always happens to my Fire Emblem disc. If I load the disc and immediately click the icon, the whole thing malfunctions. But then if I wait for a while before clicking the disc icon, it works. I'm gonna keep trying this once I get Brawl, because I don't feel like sending it away somewhere >_>

AndresV03

Smash Rookie
to the ******* who said, we dont need a million threads about this. some people are having this problem and out of all the ****ing posts about it, this one was the most informitive, so shut your ****ing mouth or i will kill your whole ****ing family and eat your babies.

Hey *******, if you haven't noticed already the guy who started this forum was the one who sad that so how bout you open a big box of SHUT THE HELL UP.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
Hmm... it appears I was wrong. It's not just an update problem. Apparently sometimes when I try to play Smash, it wont read the disc. When it goes back into the menu and I try again, it will play it. Odd.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I bought my Wii about 3 or 4 weeks ago (The only games that have been on it are Wii Sports, Wii Play and Mario Galaxy)... I hope this doesn't happen to me...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Haha .My Wii is in my room, on a top shelf on where my PC is, and I hardly ever dust around there xD

Think I'm gonna have problems with this. Could always try canned air in the disc slot though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wow I hope this doesn't happen to me, around here it really ****ing dusty and it pissed me off, maybe I should cover the drive with something when I'm not using it.

Jayster

Smash Rookie
Slighty worried now, I'm importing the US version...I have no idea what the hell I should do if it happens to mine...

Aw crap this is my 13th post too, I hope thats not unlucky for me.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Makes me glad I got my wii last week. But man I'm still scared might somehow happen. That'd be a huge bummer.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I heard a vaccum cleaner to the wii works but I am scared of trying that! XD

Top Bottom