• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disc drive won't eject

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got two new CDs today, and I was ripping both of them into my iTunes library. The first CD ripped without problems and then ejected without problems. The second CD ripped without problems, but when I tried to eject it (through the iTunes eject button) it made the sound it normally makes as the disc moves, preparing to eject, but instead of ejecting it just made a squeaking/beeping kind of sound from the disc drive. It repeated that same pattern a couple times before I restarted my computer. After it finished restarting, though, the same problem persisted every time I tried to eject it, whether I tried using the traditional method or the iTunes button, and nothing changed after a second restarting either.

Unfortunately, my disc drive doesn't have a tray -- it just has a disc slot -- so there's no way to force it open, either.

If it helps, my laptop is a Dell Vostro 1510, and I'm running Vista.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do to try and fix it?

Top Bottom