• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disappointment

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
As the greatest smasher that has ever lived (the one in the same that is also the Mario Golf 64 world champion, and the guy that trashed Isai at a family cook out), I am severely disappointed in this video. How can they be that bad? At six years old I was better, so were all my friends. It's like watching the Game Grumps play Luigi's Mansion.

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Always assumin' the Kirbs is someone else, been there done that for years; cite your evidence you presumptuous Velma impersonator.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I honestly don't know why teens are so bad at gaming. The quality of skill has really degraded over the past decade.

Edit: An equally disappointing subset of this is the Youtube comments section. *sigh*
"I'd rek anyone at this game lel"
"I'm (insert age) years old and I still play this"
"You guys make me feel old for uploading this"
"I kept yelling, 'do (insert action)' "
"They don't even know how to hold the remotes XD"
"They didn't know this game existed XD"
... the list goes on and on ...

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
they're just showcasing casuls

There's most likely still a good number of kids that aren't drooling ******* at gaming compared to before.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know why teens are so bad at gaming. The quality of skill has really degraded over the past decade.

Edit: An equally disappointing subset of this is the Youtube comments section. *sigh*
"I'd rek anyone at this game lel"
"I'm (insert age) years old and I still play this"
"You guys make me feel old for uploading this"
"I kept yelling, 'do (insert action)' "
"They don't even know how to hold the remotes XD"
"They didn't know this game existed XD"
... the list goes on and on ...
The worst part is that at it's worst Smashboards can be as bad as the youtube comment section. Just in it's own, special way.

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
Guys, they're total casuals. What would you expect from people who know absolutely nothing about the game?

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Guys, they're total casuals. What would you expect from people who know absolutely nothing about the game?
Like I said, as a six year old, I was vastly superior to all of them put together. This takes casual to a whole new level of ****ing stupid.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
It's pretty obvious that the general skill level of a lot of gamers has gone down. Specially when you notice how much easier most popular games have become.

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
Even though you were six, you probably tried to actually be good at the game. These guys probably just messed around throwing items and taunting. At least that was the case for me. I was very young when I played as well, but I actually tried to compete with my cousins. These guys probably just goofed around when they played.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
They were incapable of realizing the most simple game mechanics in a time span most children, including my six year old doppelganger, would had. Just listen to the kid at the end complaining about having to jump with the c-buttons. Clearly gamers today are not nearly as intuitive as they used to be. Like I said, a whole new level of ineptitude.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
A lot more people play games today than back in the day when most of us were kids. Most of these people are casual gamers, kids who don't like to think when they play games so developers make everything as easy as possible. The fact that people get excited about and buy a new Call of Duty game every year kinda shows the mindset of most gamers these days.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Out of all of these that look like a smasher (or who would seem to have the drive to get good) is Ethan James.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Ethan James looks like hes stayed back a few years.

Also I'm pretty sure most of these are pseudo-scripted. When the boys and girls are wearing makeup and their outfits are more of the stereotypical image of kids these days instead of the real and more common image, I tend to get suspicious. Also I have a little brother thats 13 and could beat them 1v3 with team attack off.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
the biggest question is why your main in melee is ****ing kirby
Character loyalty and pride. Laying down the hammer 'nd making A-B tier characters controlled by players fall to the might of the F tier Kirby is delectable. But really, I'm not an avid Melee player, I much prefer the 64 version.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I was going to quote and give props but there are just too many. Best Velma slam ever. A Call-out of Melee Kirby. An actual defense of using Melee Kirby. Ethan James stayed behind. I am going to write a short essay on good parenting called
"How do you jump?", whereby the entire process of teaching a child how to have that skill set.
Who are you and PREACH.

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
guys this video isn't made for us
it's made for people who want to see those kids be complete ****, so THAT'S WHAT'S IN THE VIDEO

also I couldn't finish it

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's easy to forget that these people hadn't played on an n64 before/or in a very long time. It would definitely take me more than a game or two to adjust to using a wiimote for playing smash, much like any other console/control scheme I touch (tooooo much gamecubeeee controllerrrrrrrr)

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Based on other videos from this youtube channel, it seems that the people in these videos are given a "hands on first, ask questions later" approach

None of them was told what buttons did what or anything about the console and the game. The stuff that happens in this video is not too unreasonable when you see some of them hold the controller like they would any other controller (ignoring the middle prong). Not trying to defend these kids though, as there are acts of both rational intelligence and lack of thinking in this video. At one point, both the boy and the girl realize that the dpad doesn't control movement and that it's the joystick. The boy quickly figures out the optimal way to hold the controller. This is clearly within visible range of the girl's vision and she continues to hold her controller the awkward way. As she's getting decidedly beat down the whole match, she never once thinks to see what her opponent is doing or why he's holding his controller differently.

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo does deserve some of the blame for launching a console with a controller designed for people with two left hands. Even as a 8 year old when that thing came out I knew they ****ed up.

Watch the one where they watch Nirvana videos next, it made my sister cry.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Oh god... OH GOD why am I 16?! I have more video game knowledge and skill than ANY ONE of these kids!!! Have you seen them play punch out?! ITS F***ING DISGRACEFUL!!!! I'm so happy me, my little brother, and EVEN my little cousins respect games, I showed my 12 year old, and 8 year old cousins my game collection and they went ahead and bought an NES, SNES, N64, Game cube, and even all the game boys! I really hate these kids.. Oh god

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I made it a point not to watch this video until I saw this thread. Figured I'd give it a try, and I regretted it. Thanks for nothing.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
hm, I looked at that channel and
lmao this thread

the thumbnails of their videos alone should tell you it's bad

the next gen will ***** about youtube instead of tv

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Some one post a pic of the thumb nail they used for the anaconda reaction, uhg that f***ing smile... *shudder*

Last edited:
Top Bottom